AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCadElec 2010 Terminal issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
LWareham
544 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCadElec 2010 Terminal issue

In 2090, when I inserted a terminal strip using the TSE, the center wire number (wireno tag on the footprint) was supressed. Only a %W would show the wire left and wire right numbers (wirenol and wirenor respectively). The center of the terminal showed only the terminal number (I use the HT0002 terminal).

We've upgraded to 2010, and now the TSE populates the center wire number. So, my terminal number is covered up by wire number. And it does this regardless if the %W was entered or not.

Question: Is there a "fix" or a menu option that will supress the wireno on the foot prints without having to go through and edit every single terminal in the catalog?

Why does 2010 populate that attribute and 2009 didn't?

Thanks for your help.

Lawrence
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: LWareham

Would someone at Autodesk care to answer this? I have seen the same issue in version 2010 and 2011. It's annoying!

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
robotman2
in reply to: LWareham

Yes, it is VERY annoying.

Please fix.

Jim

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: robotman2

Quick and dirty fix....

Get the block name of the offending footprint, find the dwg for the block and open. Select the attribute and go to the properties for it. Find the Visibility option (Called Invisible in 2008) and set it to hide the attribute.

Now do a block update and your problem should be solved.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost