AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Contributor
MReed
Message 1 of 4 (93 Views)

Autocad templates

93 Views, 3 Replies
08-24-2004 06:31 AM
I'm using ACade 2004, I'm trying to set up some "templates". I have a similar panel that we use over and over. I want to be able to copy the drawings into a "new clients" job and be able to modify. The problem I'm having is that the new job that I create is "looking back" at the original drawings in another file.
What can I do about this. I'm hoping that it's just the way I am setting this up
*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 2 of 4 (93 Views)

Re: Autocad templates

08-24-2004 12:10 PM in reply to: MReed
When you Copy the template to the new project, be sure to give the drawings new filenames during the copy. If you do not then it points to the original drawings when done setting up the project.

Robert Hanrahan
Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co.
ACE user since 1998
Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Contributor
MReed
Message 3 of 4 (93 Views)

08-25-2004 08:56 AM in reply to: MReed
Thanks, I've been trying that...each drawing contains a unique filename, but because the parts were copied to another folder - it still looks in the original drawing.
I also have another question. I set up a project with several different enclosures. They all have similar parts (just some with more and others with less). When I do my wire cross referencing (source/destination) the enclosures start to become "cross-wired). Is there a way to correct this?
*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 4 of 4 (93 Views)

08-25-2004 11:01 AM in reply to: MReed
It is important that each Source/Destination Pair have unique Names. You cannot call them all 120VAC, for example. The need to be 120VAC-1, 120VAC-2, etc. It is possible to have one source have many destinations but forthis software it is not practical.
Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.