AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad templates

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MReed
198 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad templates

I'm using ACade 2004, I'm trying to set up some "templates". I have a similar panel that we use over and over. I want to be able to copy the drawings into a "new clients" job and be able to modify. The problem I'm having is that the new job that I create is "looking back" at the original drawings in another file.
What can I do about this. I'm hoping that it's just the way I am setting this up
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: MReed

When you Copy the template to the new project, be sure to give the drawings new filenames during the copy. If you do not then it points to the original drawings when done setting up the project.

Robert Hanrahan
Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co.
ACE user since 1998

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
MReed

Thanks, I've been trying that...each drawing contains a unique filename, but because the parts were copied to another folder - it still looks in the original drawing.
I also have another question. I set up a project with several different enclosures. They all have similar parts (just some with more and others with less). When I do my wire cross referencing (source/destination) the enclosures start to become "cross-wired). Is there a way to correct this?
Message 4 of 4
testsubject

It is important that each Source/Destination Pair have unique Names. You cannot call them all 120VAC, for example. The need to be 120VAC-1, 120VAC-2, etc. It is possible to have one source have many destinations but forthis software it is not practical.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost