AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Message - Dialog box not found.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
iamick
382 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD Message - Dialog box not found.

Hi,

I get this message whenever I insert a component with a "state" attribute, the error comes up instead of going into the edit component dialog box.

I have tested this on another computer within the company and it worked perfectly fine, I 'repaired' my autoCAD electrical install and this did not help.

If I go into the raw block and remove the state attribute and re-insert the block it works perfectly fine but obviously without the State box.

Does anyone have any idea what may cause this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RobinShou-Autodesk
in reply to: iamick

Hello,

Can you attach the screen shot for the error message?

And also can you attach the symbol with state attribute as well?

If repair ACE will not work, can you try to uninstall the ACE, and install it again?

Which ACE version are you using? ACE2015 in Win7 64?

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance
Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical

Message 3 of 4
iamick

I am running ACE2013 with Windows XP, theres not too much point in reinstalling as the department are rolling out new PCs soon, Switching to ACE2015 with Windows 7, (64 bit). But it would be nice if this issue could be fixed for the next month or so.

Message 4 of 4
RobinShou-Autodesk

Hello,

I have tried to insert the attached symbol from you to my ACE2015 in Win7 64, there is no error message.

May be you can have a try after you switch to the ACE2015 in Win7 64.

BTW, the jpg file you attached is really small, I can't see the messages in the error dialog.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance
Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost