AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad info with vba

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
AnthonyFutterer
306 Views, 5 Replies

autocad info with vba

Hi all,

I have a program that creates a new project in autocad electrical.  Once the command executes the autocad form comes up asking to name the project.  Is there a way to fill in that name and click the okay button through the vba program?  i.e. is there a way to focus on those parts of the form and have access to them without pausing for user input?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pjfontes
in reply to: AnthonyFutterer

No.  You can't easily manipulate the ACADE dialogue boxes via ACAD VBA.  If you come from an Excel or Access VBA background you'll be disapointed with ACADE (Electrical specific) functions.  You'll find yourself using VBA to run LISP ACADE API calls; which works...ok, with enough patience.

I suggest you study the WDP file and the WD_M block and use VBA to manipulate.  It's a long and painful road, but if you have decent vba or .net skills and take the time to understand how ACADE works, you'll get a good return on your investment.

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the input.  That was what I was afraid of.  How do I find out more about the functionallity of the blocks you suggested studying.  It seems resources are very hard to come by for electrical.  😞

Message 4 of 6

Your best bet would be to take a class in ACE to understand the basics. There is a lot to learn and it can be a long row to hoe if you just do it on your own.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 6

HI,

I have taken training classes and been using the software for about 10 years now.  I am only now getting to write some custom apps other than simple scripts.  It seems that .NET is the way to go, but it is insanely difficult to find any training on the subject for Electrical specific use.  If you have some resources I would love the opportunity to try them.  Thanks for your input so far, hope to hear from you again.

Message 6 of 6
AnthonyFutterer
in reply to: pjfontes

I looked a bit more into the topics you suggested and there is still some information that looks inaccessable.  Are there any other ideas you can think of?  Thanks for the help to this point, I greatly appreciate it.  It seems there is always something new to learn in this program.  🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost