AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Front page

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
586 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Front page

Hi all

When I start my ACE the front page comes up with the simple motor circuit diagram.

In the bottom left have corner there is a  message that reads "first run initialising"

I have not been too concerned about this message until researching my  "Lost plot style manager"  (previous forum question)

One of the hints showed what looks like stage machinery. 

Is this a clue that ACE is not installed correctly?

Cheers  JQ

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi John,

Its not likely that the splash screen is indicating that installation is corrupt.

(if you are seeing the machinery you likely have Product Design Suite... So you are seeing the splash screen for the design suite which is tailored for ACADE.)

The "First Run Initializing" message is nothing to worry about either.

It is simply informing you it is loading the user profile for the first time for that session.

(each time you start ACADE it checks the Current user profile for settings and customizations).

The crash you meantioned in the last post is the reason that I would suggest a repair / reinstall from the disc (or USB key). (it sounded like the Partial Customization file was blown away or corrupted, you could try simply reloading the file before a repair or reinstall)

By the way, just so we are on the same page for this, the repair wouldn't fix the Partial customization issue. So if it turns out the ACAD file is missing then, try a manual reload (in the CUI copy ACAD into the Partial Customization Files location), or Reinstall.

I hope this helps,

Let me know if you get stuck.

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi James.

Thanks for your input.    I have discovered that the "Machinery" is displayed when I start AutoCAD mechanical which is part of ACE2012.

I thought The "first Time" message at the start of ACE may have been the result of an incomplete installation on my part.

Cheers  jq

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost