AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad electrical

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2458 Views, 6 Replies

Autocad electrical

Hi everyone, I am a beginner autocad electrical user and the first year student in automation engineering. I want to know how to know autocad electrical will change my life in the future ??

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
BrettWright
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Gulu, thanks for asking the question.

What I've done is relocate your post to the AutoCAD Electrical Forum so that team can engage with you on this topic.

I'm sure you've likely done your research on our website for what the tool can do, so if you have more specific questions, please add them to this post.

Good luck in your Career, it's great that your asking questions early 🙂
Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: BrettWright

Thank you very much for answering 🙂

Message 4 of 7
ccad2509

Theirs no straight answer to that question

What you want to be thinking about is what industry you want to work in when you graduate?

Because some industries have certain products that are used by default which may or may not be AutoCad based products and this can be regional as well i.e whats used in the USA for one industry may not be used in the same industry in Europe or Asia

do a little research in the industries you are interested in and then research the cad products that are used from there you will have a better idea of what advantages to you ACADE will offer

Message 5 of 7
dougmcalexander

Most people in the design industry draft drawings to represent what they want to build.  The difference with AutoCAD Electrical is that after the drawings are completed, the drawings can contain intelligence that allows for data extraction to create an array of reports ranging from a bill of materials to a wire list to a list of components that are missing a part number assignment to a list of all PLC I/O address descriptions to well, just about anything you have represented in your drawing set (a.k.a. project drawings).  As a bonus there are automated and semi-automated tools to expedite the drafting and editing tasks, so many of the mundane editing tasks you would have done with a plain CAD program are handled for you by the software.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thank you very much for answering my question properly. I hope that I will be one of people specialized in autocad electrical engineering in the future again thanks

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ccad2509

Yes May be you are right but for me it is very early to make decision about company which I will work in my fitire 

again thank you for answer 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost