AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical Title Block Update Issue

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
cciperm1
2353 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical Title Block Update Issue

I am having an issue auto-populating field in my title block with non-user defined values, with the "Title Block Update" feature in Electrical 2008. The sheet number, file name, date , maxsheets, %d, values simply do not get populated into the attributes that they have been pointed to in the Title Block Setup. I have used both a WD_TB block method and the other .wdt method for my title block with the same result. Do these values only get populated when a plot is performed ? Either way I must be doing something wrong.

Julian

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
testsubject
in reply to: cciperm1

If you can provide a copy of the titleblock, the WD_TB, and the .wdt file we can take a look at it and possibly see what might be the problem.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 10
Icemanau

This may seem like a basic question, but are you selecting those values to be inserted when you do the title block update?

Also, some of those values need to be filled in through the DRAWING PROPERTIES before anything will get inserted into the title block?

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 4 of 10
johnq
in reply to: Icemanau

Hi Julian

HAve you looked at www.ecadconsultant.com   There is a helpful tute.  No I have no connection to this site  it was helpful to me whemn I was developing my borders.

at step 6  created a blank .dwt before you start step 6.

I did have difficulty learning to develope the border function and discovered that a virus program is causing me problems. 

If I was half way through the exercise the process would lock up and after a rebot the function I was trying to impliment would work.

I did fine on my machine as there is a very active vireus protection program that it was filling memory.   I am on WIN7 and it is the dark blue memory bar.

When this happens a reboot in necessary.

You mention that you are using ACE 2008.  Can you not upgrade?  ACE 2013 is much better than ace 2007 as an example.

Once sorted the auto border update is very clever.

Cheers  johnq

Message 5 of 10
cciperm1
in reply to: testsubject

Here is my .wdt file and a dwg with my title block in it. The WD_TB block is visible in the block editor.

Message 6 of 10
cciperm1
in reply to: Icemanau

Yes I have selected teh values that I want updated before performing an update. I have also populated the fields in the drawing properties dialog.

Message 7 of 10
ricardo_baez

Which title block setup method are you trying to implement? 1 or 2? I noticed that your wd_tb attribute does not match up with your cci205.wdt.  The wd_tb attribute overrides the wdt file while doing a title block update. Below is part of the wd_attribute in red which does not match up with the wdt file.

WD_TB

DWG_FILE = DWGNAM;JOB_NO = FILENAME;SHEET = SHEET;SHEETS = SHEETMAX;REV_0_DATE = PLOTDATEYYYYMMDD;SHEETS = LINE1;SHEET = LINE2;JOB_NO = LINE3;DRAWN_BY = LINE4;REV_0_DATE = LINE5;REV_0_NAME = LINE6;REV_0 = LINE7

CCI205.WDT

JOB_NO = DWGNAM
DWG_FILE = FILENAME

Ricardo

Message 8 of 10
ricardo_baez

Below is the title bock I use and the wdt and wdl files I use for my projects.  I used method 1 for the title block setup. Hopefully you can use these to see how you can tweak yours.

Ricardo

Message 9 of 10
cciperm1
in reply to: ricardo_baez

Hi Ricardo.

I was just wondering, when you actually create a multiple sheet project with this title block how to you insert it into the varous sheets ? Do you select the title block and group everything together as a block and then copy this block onto each sheet ?

Julian

Message 10 of 10
ricardo_baez

Julian,

I created a template that has my title block. When I create new sheets I use this template.

Ricardo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost