AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical-need a help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
novij_4
354 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical-need a help

Hello!

I just started to learn AutoCAD El.  Yet more questions than answers.

so I decided to ask:

1. It's possible to realize this circuit in AutoCAD El.? (see attached file)

2. What difficulties may arise in the creation of your own components and their conversion on panel layout?

3. In AutoCAD this circuit has a format A2.  Will the conversion of circuit increase its format?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: novij_4

To answer your questions in order...

1. Yes a dwg like that is possible in ACADE. you will have to make your own blocks and extensively use the fan-in/out feature.

2. Converting a block is easy if you have the original. You can also explode the block and remake it using the ACADE function. Either way, it can cause various problems, especially for those new to ACADE.

The biggest problems tend to relate to missing attributes, misplaced base points or scaling problems.

3. When you say A2 format, I assume you are talking about the page size. Converting a dwg doesn't change any print settings unless you go into the print settings and change them yourself.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
novij_4
in reply to: Icemanau

You see, after reading Help everything seemed simple.

In practice, faced with the fact that a different approach to the construction of the scheme causes some difficulties in creating the elements.

For example terminals. On the scheme below referred to as K. For the convenience of the reader circuit  terminals are related to one terminal block represented by a single element. Fails to come up with how best to realize in AutoCAD.

How to create the correct terminal?

Standard are not suitable.

Message 4 of 6
novij_4

And also, what you mean saying “2. Converting a block is easy if you have the original”? Created parent component cannot be converted? It is “the original”, is not it?

Message 5 of 6
Icemanau

When I say ORIGINAL, I am talking about the actual file that is inserted as the block. It doesn't matter if that block is a parent or a child, it will have a file that can be opened and modified to suit what is needed. This file will show the attributes and other items that are normally invisible when the block is inserted.

>

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Icemanau

If you are talking about doing a panel layout, you can use a function called the Terminal Strip Editor (TSE).

The TSE will list all the terminals in a particular strip, and allow you to add the appropriate accessories, spare terminals and clamps. You can then insert the resulting graphics into your drawing as a complete strip..

Regards Brad

>

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost