AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical menu utilities ; error: misplaced dot on input

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tpardys
957 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical menu utilities ; error: misplaced dot on input

When I boot up AutoCAD electrical, I get the error - AutoCAD Electrical menu utilities ; error: misplaced dot on input

I've read through some of the forums and they mostly talk about Autolisp programs but this happened first thing this morning after booting up my computer.

Would something have got corrupted with the electrical menu utilities startup routine.

Where do I start to try and solve this problem?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tpardys
in reply to: tpardys

FYI

I managed to fix it by deleting the LASTPROJ.FIL file...

Message 3 of 5
rplees

After a Windows Update I got also this error (error: misplaced dot on input) in Autocad Electrical when using an electrical menu command. The project manager list was empty.

After deleting the "LASTPROJ.FIL" in the "......\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2013\R19.0\enu\Support\User" map the problem was solved.

Thanks for the tip.

Message 4 of 5
n8holt

In AutoCAD Electrical, make sure that DIMZIN system variable is NOT set to a value of 4. This suppresses leading zero in the return of the (rtos ... ) function and can later trigger the "misplaced dot on input" failure.

Message 5 of 5
n8holt

In AutoCAD Electrical, make sure that DIMZIN system variable is NOT set to a value of 4. This suppresses leading zero in the return of the (rtos ... ) function and can later trigger the "misplaced dot on input" failure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost