AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical goes Mobile !!!

36 REPLIES 36
Message 1 of 37
mathalekar
4467 Views, 36 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical goes Mobile !!!

The AutoCAD Electrical team is proud to release the AutoCAD Electrical app for the iPad.

Tired of lugging heavy stacks of drawings around? Want to be connected to your digital pipeline and fully leverage the work invested in your AutoCAD Electrical projects while on the go? Need to share your designs with the field, customer, colleague or engineer? With the new AutoCAD Electrical app you can!

Check out the workflow videos on what you can accomplish with this free mobile app.

If you have AutoCAD Electrical 2015 then you are all set. AutoCAD Electrical 2013 and AutoCAD Electrical 2014 Subscription Customers can download a plugin from the Autodesk exchange app store share their projects with the mobile app.

Grab the AutoCAD Electrical app for free now on the iPad and experience convenience on the go yourself. We have prepared a couple of sample projects with the app to get you started.

Autodesk App Store Link :

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/ACAD_E/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com:autocadel...

Apple App Store Link :

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/autocad-electrical/id736763190?ls=1&mt=8

Cheers,

AutoCAD Electrical Mobile Team

36 REPLIES 36
Message 21 of 37

Ah, I see.. Got it, Doug.

It's strange that AutoCAD 360 on android is crashing on your device. Is the latest version not working as well?

Perhaps you can contact feedback@autocad360.com regarding this and they may be able to help with it.

Anthony Tee

AutoCAD Engineering Team
Message 22 of 37

Yes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times since April. Tried again last week. Still crashing on Android.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 23 of 37
anthony_tee
in reply to: mathalekar

Drop the folks at feedback@autocad360.com a mail, they should be able to help you.

Anthony Tee

AutoCAD Engineering Team
Message 24 of 37
drathak
in reply to: dougmcalexander

@dougmcalexander wrote:
Yes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times since April. Tried again last week. Still crashing on Android.

What device?  Got no problems on my Nexus 10.

Screenshot_2014-07-10-07-36-28.png

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 25 of 37

Nexus 4 running Kit Kat 4.4.4. WS worked fine on it.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 26 of 37
drathak

Any word on the Android version?  Is it dead? 

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 27 of 37

Same here. I think it's odd that you can't run AutoCAD Electrical on a Mac yet you can only run the mobile version on an Apple phone or tablet. I use Android myself. Please release a mobile app for Android.

Doug McAlexander

Message 28 of 37

We have no plan in pipeline for now for releasing Android version of AutoCAD Electrical Mobile App. I shall forward your request to our Product Management for prioritizing it in future.

Message 29 of 37
drathak

@mathalekar wrote:

We have no plan in pipeline for now for releasing Android version of AutoCAD Electrical Mobile App. I shall forward your request to our Product Management for prioritizing it in future.

So the last time that didn't happen?

03-31-2014 09:26 PM in reply to: @rhesusminus

Hello Trond,

This is first version of AutoCAD Electrical Mobile for customer use for iPad. We will put up your request for Android version to our product management team :smileyhappy:

Regards,

Mayuresh Athalekar

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 30 of 37
mathalekar
in reply to: drathak

Hello Joe,

We did put up request for Android version to our product management team. They are fully aware of the request and evaluating ! Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 37
apcruz
in reply to: ccad2509

I don't work with the government, but I do agree on security issues. Has this issue been addressed by Autodesk?

Message 32 of 37
jeamy.baena
in reply to: apcruz

Greetings,

Please release the android version of this app. The 90% of my customers have tablets with android...

Thanks!!

Message 33 of 37
schairpierre
in reply to: jeamy.baena

Hello Everybody,

How can I do to download this mobile app ?

I used it since 2014 on an ipad 2, it was perfect.

Now I purchased a new iPad and it seems to be unavailable on appstore (belgium and US).

Can you help me please ?

Thank you.

Pierre.

Message 34 of 37
anthony_tee
in reply to: schairpierre

Dear AutoCAD Electrical Mobile User,

We would like to inform you that as of June 20th we will cease support for our AutoCAD Electrical Mobile app.

It’s hard for us to let go of something we love, but we are focused on delivering even more value to our customers through our other successful products.

Your Autodesk ID used to login to AutoCAD Electrical Mobile will remain active, so your data will not be lost. We do recommend, however, that you backup your drawings and assets.

We’d like to offer you some great alternatives to enable you to work on your files while away from your computer:

AutoCAD 360 - AutoCAD 360 is our DWG viewing application, with easy-to-use drawing and drafting tools that allow you to view, create, edit, and share AutoCAD drawings across web and mobile devices.

A360 - Autodesk A360 was designed specifically for architects, engineers and designers to view, comment and markup 2D & 3D designs.

We are here for every question or concern.

Yours,
The AutoCAD Electrical Mobile Team

FAQ:

Q: What happens to the app already installed on my device?

A: You can continue to use it while available, though it may not work as smoothly.

Q: I still have an active subscription. What do I do?

A: All AutoCAD Electrical Mobile subscribers were granted access to AutoCAD 360 Pro for the remaining subscription period + a free Pro month. We hope you’ll find it beneficial

Anthony Tee

AutoCAD Engineering Team
Message 35 of 37

Can we stop AutoCAD Electrical from creating the subfolder and files that it creates in support of the mobile app?

Doug McAlexander

Message 36 of 37

Hi Doug,

Yes, we can do this by setting the sysvar AeMobileDataMode to '0'.

Anthony Tee

AutoCAD Engineering Team
Message 37 of 37

Thanks!  I thought there was a sysvar for that. 

Doug McAlexander

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost