AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical Block, Cable and Harness problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
steveom
286 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical Block, Cable and Harness problem

Hi

I am using AutoCAD Electrical 2010 and AutoDesk Inventor Routed Systems 2010.

I would like to import wiring detail into Inventor from the Electrical drawings that I have created.

Our company uses blocks created in Symbol Builder within Electrical. These blocks represent circuit boards with numerous mult-way connectors.

I have not been able to import the data for each individual connector on the PCB. Inventor only sees the block as one connector. So if for example I have PL1 and PL2 on the board, then Inventor would come up with Imported Harness Data for the PCB as a whole and not distinguish between PL1 and PL2.

Any ideas!

Thanks

Stephen
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: steveom

Post one of your blocks and I will take a look. A block can only have one tag, so the connector names must be part of the wire connection text. You can't nest tags. So you might have PL1:1, PL1:2, etc. as wire connections and also PL2:1, PL2:2, etc. as wire connections.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
steveom
in reply to: steveom

Doug

Here is the Electrical block. I can email you all the files if you wish?

Stephen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost