AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Electrical 2015 menu.dat files missing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
361 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad Electrical 2015 menu.dat files missing

Morning,

I have recently installed AutoCAD Electrical 2015 and I am in the process of configuring my title blocks and default project files. I have pointed to all the correct locations for the information of the iec components location etc, however i cannot find the manu.dat files. the only ones that i can find are the old ones from my 2014 and 2013 installations. This was initially installed as a trial. I have looked online for where they should be stored in the hidden appdata folder and checked here, but cannot find them anywhere. I have even done a full search of my computer to try and find them. Am i missing something. I want to point to both the panel footprint and schematic menus so that i can start building up my databases. Could anyone please tell me if i am being stupid or how to install these if they are not there.

The installation went fine with no problems or warnings, i am more familiar with autocad 2013 and 2014 so perhaps something has changed and i am missing it.

Please help if you can.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

The menu.dat files are still stored in the Support folder, one level above the User folder, which is where the project scratch databases reside.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
jalger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Firstu99sf,

For Windows vista and 7 the path should be

C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2015\R20.0\enu\Support

I don't think the windows 8 pathes are different (but I can't confirm that since I don't Have a windows 8 machine near me)

You should try to use one of the default projects as a base, then create a copy of it so all the pathes are already there.

Regards,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost