AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad electrical 2015 Button Project task list is greyed out

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jorunn100
345 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad electrical 2015 Button Project task list is greyed out

Autocad electrical  2015  Button Project task  list is greyed out and when I right click on the project it`s still greyed out.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Icemanau
in reply to: jorunn100

When the Task List is greyed out, it means that there is no pending changes to be made to the project.

Pending tasks are changes that you have defered to the task list rather than running them at the time.

For example, you want to change the INST/LOC of a group of components on one dwg in a project.

You go in and edit the parent component of the first block.

ACADE then asks if you wish to process other dwgs in the project to match the child components and gives you three options.

First option is to do the changes straight away - This is useful if you are only doing 1 or 2 components.

Second option is defer the changes to the task list - Use this if you are making a lot of changes in the dwg.

Third option is to skip the changes - NOT RECOMENDED as this will break the relationship between the parent and child.

After finishing those changes, you go in and select all the items in the task list and run them as well

If you defer a lot of changes some will become obsolete, so it is good practice to keep the task list as empty as possible.

I personally only use the task list when I'm doing a lot of minor changes on one dwg and don't want to wait while it processes each component change on other dwgs.

There are a multitude of commands that will give you this option so don't think it's just the one command I used as an example.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost