AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2014 Service Pack 1 Available

34 REPLIES 34
Message 1 of 35
dougmcalexander
2714 Views, 34 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2014 Service Pack 1 Available

Hi everyone!  Be advised that Service Pack 1 is now available for AutoCAD Electrical 2014.  I received it via Live Update.  However, when I tried to install SP1, I received an error message that says I don't have proper rights to the executable folder.  I tried again and it failed again.  I tried a 3rd time and it worked.  I think the Live Update installer may be having an issue shuting down the software, even though I gave it permission to do so.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
34 REPLIES 34
Message 21 of 35

Thanks Robin! I had to revert back to 2014 with no service pack, hoping this would eventually be fixed. I will install it today. How were you able to reproduce it?

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 22 of 35

Hello Doug,  

This issue happens when install the ACE2014 SP1.1 with Standalone license.

Original, we have all the ACE with Network license in the test machine, then we can't reproduce the issue that time. Later, we found out this issue is related to the license.

Please have a try for this fix, it should be no problem.

Thanks,

Robin Shou

Quality Assurance

Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical

Message 23 of 35
bilong.li
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Hi

The same problem happend in AutoCAD Electrical 2013,how can i deal with to slove the problem

BRs.

Message 24 of 35

Hello,  

What is the issue you are refering to? The wire Data missing in the Terminal strip Editor?

Have you patch the AutoCAD Electrical 2013 SP2? Can you uninstall the SP2 for the ACE2013 then have a try?

Thanks,

Robin Shou

Quality Assurance

Message 25 of 35

Hi Robin,

I am seeing one issue after the hotfix. When using the Previous and Next arrows there is a delay before the drawing is available for editing or moving on to the next or previous drawing. I also noticed that the command line is busy with alerts. It shows s:start-load etc.

Doug McAlexander

Message 26 of 35

Yes,I had uninstalled the SP2 for the ACE2013 and the TSE worked normally again,but another problem occoured.

When I use the ACE2013 for a while,The software stoped,the Mouse and Keyboard didn't work aslo,the command line show:"Regenerating model". and for a minutes,the command line show: s::startup-load ada,and then shows:" type Y to reset:" I set "Y" ,and then the software quite,and show the error message.

So how can i work to solve this problem?(Here is the screen capture)

2013-12-09_161133.jpg

2013-12-09_161316.jpg

2013-12-09_161336.jpg

2013-12-09_161355.jpg

2013-12-09_161435.jpg

Message 27 of 35

I have also discovered that a drawing was left open as I advanced through project drawings using the previous and next arrows to navigate the project drawings in order  This is a rare occurrence but sometimes one of the drawings is left open when I click to advance to the next or previous drawing.  It was noticeable because of the new tabs that indicate open drawings.

Doug McAlexander

Message 28 of 35

Hello Doug,   

I am checking this Delay issue in my side, but I also can't reproduce the issue for now, I will continue to do the research to see if i can reproduce it.

Refer to the following video I tried in my ACE2014 SP1.1+Hotfix. I tried to Use the next command to navigate all the 9 drawings in the WDDEMO project, and it takes about 12s in both ACE2014 RTM and ACE2014 SP1.1+Hotfix.

http://screencast.com/t/01nlh1ndj

And also for the Drawing left open problem, it is a legacy issue, if you click the Next or previous button very quickly, then this issue will happen.

Thanks,

Robin Shou

Quality Assurance

Message 29 of 35

Hello Bilong,   

Is the problem still there? can you restart the ACE2013? or do a reinstall for the ACE2013 if the restart still not work.

Thanks,

Robin Shou

Quality Assurance

Message 30 of 35

Hi Robin,

The best clue to see the difference with SP1.1 is that the command line shows s:startup-load.  It doesn't show this in stock 2014 or 2013 or previous.  The delay cause me to see this clearly while the drawing loads.

Regards,

Doug

Doug McAlexander

Message 31 of 35

Hello Doug,

Actually, the s:startup-load is always there, you can see it in the ACE2014 RTM as well.

Refer to the following video, it is a ACE2014 RTM version, and check the screenshot at 11 second of the video, the s:startup-load is there.

http://screencast.com/t/GU5Uh7Zlutz7

Anyway, thanks for the report for this issue, we will keep an eye on this performance issue.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance

Message 32 of 35

Hi Robin

Unfortunately,The problem still exist,I think i have to reinstall the software,but I had a lot of file must be backup for my work

BRs.

Message 33 of 35
aalterio
in reply to: bilong.li

Hi,

I have AutoCAD Electrical 2014 and I have not downloaded any of the service packs or hotfixs.  Are there any outstanding issues that people are having when they install Service Pack 1.1?  I have been hesitant to install the service pack until the issues have been resolved. 

Thank you!

Message 34 of 35
dougmcalexander
in reply to: aalterio

After installing SP1.1 there are two optional hotfixes.  One corrects delayed reaction to the right-click menu gesturing for stand-alone installations.  The hotfix is called the Marking Menu Hotfix.  The other hotfix resolves an issue that causes Terminal Strip Editor to delay displaying data for some projects.  I've not had an issue with this but apparently it happens under certain circumstances.  This hotfix is labeled Terminal Strip Editor Hotfix.  The link below will direct you to the service packs and hotfixes for release 2014 of AutoCAD Electrical.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240738#section1

Doug McAlexander

Message 35 of 35
aalterio
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thank you!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost