AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2014 Component Upgrade

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AndyCSNB
899 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2014 Component Upgrade

I am working on a project using AB 1769 hardware; I recently downloaded and installed the 2014 Componet Database Upgrade to get the smart block for my various PLC cards. The 2014 upgrade lists that it supports the 1769 hardware, but there are no entries or slides/.dwg files for the 1769-IF8 analog inpout card, or anything bigger than a 4 channel. Is there another source for these slides/database info? In general, the slides in the library are helpful and sufficient for the drawings we do here, but there is little time to invest in designing new Smart Blocks.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: AndyCSNB

I just checked and the update does not add the 1769-IF8 to the PLC database. This indicates a high probability that the module was not available when the update was put together.

However, as the PLC modules are built on the fly depending on the database, it is fairly easy to add the module to the correct table using the PLC Databse Editor.

ACADE takes the information from the database and builds the block to suit according to the information provided using a basic set of blocks.

The attributes that give ACADE it's smarts are also added at this time.

I added a test block with 8 analogue inputs within 1/2 an hour with no prior experience do so. I just copied and pasted from a similar block and modified to suit.

This included testing and making a few minor changes to correct things I got wrong.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
rcreel
in reply to: Icemanau

This is a fairly simple task as Brad has described. As it happens, I had to make a 1769-IF16C last week---the hardest part was determining which block was needed to control the terminal behavior--this took a little trial and error.

There are 2 tables you will need to midify---the first is what I call the "type"---this controls the PLC modules that show up when you select from the Schematic Icon menu. The second has the _Data ending---this tells ACADe how to build the module.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost