AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Electrical 2014 Bugs

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Tee.Dee
790 Views, 14 Replies

Autocad Electrical 2014 Bugs

Hi all,

I have a list of bugs I have encountered over the last month or so using 2014, most of which were not present in 2012.

Can you please let me know if you are encountering any of the same issues so I can submitt these to product support.

Thanks.

1. Copying a drawing in a project does not show up the new drawing in the tree until autocad is restarted.  This is also the case when adding drawings to the project.

2.   Removing drawings from a project needs to be done twice for it to work.

3.   Replacing a block with the Swap/Update Block tool, the retain attribute locations does not work.

4.   Dots (.) appearing in front of stand alone cross references when one of the pins is a double digit.

5.   (bug or feature?) When a source arrow has 2 or more matching destinations only one of the destinations is displayed (was helpful before when all were shown to flag the issue).

6.   After swapping a parent cable marker (VW01) for a child (VW02) the wire color/id can’t be changed until autocad is restarted.

7.   Electrical audit sometimes shows everything as a duplicate.

8.   Block editor won’t close (sometimes) unless block is manually saved first.

9.   Source destination arrows wont update with retag/update (sometimes) until autocad is closed and reopened.

10.   After inserting parametric plc modules Object Snap settings are reset so that none are active. (was also present in 2012)

11.   Updating the parent tag name of a parametric plc that is placed across multiple sheets does not update the child tags.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
ccad2509
in reply to: Tee.Dee

out of that list ive had 8 and 9 happen to me

my main gripe with autocad electrical after coming back to it after a 4 year break is it still cant do lots of things compared with similar alternative packages

i constanlty swear at my computer when i try to do things and then realise i did that in Eplan or Promis e or Zuken or Wscad

when all the alternatives can do things as standard and you choose to ignore then your commiting comercial sucide   

Message 3 of 15
dougmcalexander

I'm not seeing any of those issues and I'm the guy who usually bugs Autodesk about bugs. Have you updated to SP1.1? Did you notice any warnings about your graphics card when you installed the software and started it the first time? Try with or without hardware acceleration?

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 15
Tee.Dee

Service pack 1.1 is installed.

I have not tried with hardware acceleration OFF but I will give that a go.

This is all happeing on a brand new PC running Windows 7 but most of the problems were also present on my old PC running XP and were not present using 2012.

I had posted a seperate topic about number 4. See: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical/x-refs/m-p/4791965#M33982

Message 5 of 15
PatMurnen_Adsk

I was able to reproduce #4. The dot is added to keep the multiple lines of cross-referencing lined up under one another. Since there are no pin values the graphic would be way over to the left without some text padding on the left. I will log this issue.

For the ones that happen sometimes, it will be hard to log these without some reproducible steps. Can you provide more information on these?

For #1, 2,3,5,6,10, and 11 I was not able to reproduce these. Can you provide specific steps to reproduce? If it only happens on specific drawings, can you send a small project (the .wdp and drawing files) to me at pat.murnen@autodesk.com?

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 15
Tee.Dee

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the reply.

I have just tried to reproduce a few of these issues on a work mates laptop (numbers 1,2,3 & 11)  and there does no seem to be a problem over there..

I did a bit more testing of number 1 & 2 on my PC and it is only happening on projects with a reasonable number of drawings in the project.  The projects where the problem occured had around 100 drawings.  The problem wasnt evident in projects with around 20 drawings.

I am starting to think most of these issues are only happening on my PC for some reason, any suggestions?

Number 10 however has been present as long as I have been using Autocad Elec.  With all object snap modes ticked, place a parametric PLC module then try and snap a line to or move something on the screen using snap points. There will be no snaps enabled and pushing F3 for snap settings shows all options un-ticked.

Thanks for the help.

PC Specs:

Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 3.40GHz

8GB RAM

Quadro K600 GPU

Win 7 Pro 64bit

Message 7 of 15
PatMurnen_Adsk

Thanks for the information about trying this with larger projects. I will pass that on to our testing group since they have access  to large projects.

Regarding the osnap, I still am not able to reproduce. Could you upload a video? Maybe I am just doing something different. Also, my understanding is that pressing F3 toggles osnap on and off but doesn't affect the specific osnap options meaning which ones are checked or not.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 15
Tee.Dee

Thanks Pat,

I just did another little test and the problem is only evident if you click 'break now' at any time during the placement of modules that contain breaks.

If you click 'Continue, no break' for the entire module there is no problem.  Also modules that dont contain any breaks dont cause a problem.

Pressing F3 brings up the OSNAP settings because the problem causes all options to be deselected.  I guess this is because it cant toggle between off and off, it needs an option to be selected.

Message 9 of 15
PatMurnen_Adsk

I tried inserting the PLC module with breaks but still no luck on reproducing this issue. If you have access to Jing or some other way to record video, record your steps from start to finish and send it to me at pat.murnen@autodesk.com. Maybe I can see what I am doing differently.

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 15

Thanks for sending the video. It made it clear to me what I was doing different. When I was breaking the module I was inserting the next parts on the same drawing. You were hitting ESC so you could continue the next parts somewhere else. It is the ESC that is causing the loss of the osnap setting. I will log this issue with all the specifics.

I will look to see if there is anyway to get around this and post if I come up with anything. Thanks for providing the info to help narrow this down.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 15
Tee.Dee

Thanks Pat.

Any ideas on why I might be having the other problems?  Would you suggest reinstalling?

Message 12 of 15
PatMurnen_Adsk

I haven't heard back from our testing group yet on the larger projects. It wouldnt' hurt to reinstall but I can't say for sure it will help since I can't reproduce the other issues I am not sure what is causing them.

One thing to try is to only keep one project open in Project Manager at a time. Even though only one is active, Project Manager still keeps track of the others listed. And if you have a bunch of large ones open it could be causing a performance issue.

If you want to zip up a project and send it to me along with some steps to reproduce the other issues I can try and reproduce them again.And as we saw with the osnap issue, be very specific on the steps because it can be the smallest thing that can be the cause.

Sorry I am not much help so far. 

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 15
Tee.Dee

Thanks, I will give that a try.

I did some more testing and found that the issues im having with adding/removing drawings from a project are only evident when the project is stored on the server and not on my local drive.

I need to wait for a work mate to come back so I can verify this on his machine.

Message 14 of 15
jmterlap

I am seeing #11just like Tee.Dee describes.  Any help with a work around would be helpful.  I'm working on a project that has several multi-drawing PLC modules.

Thanks.

Message 15 of 15
Tee.Dee
in reply to: jmterlap

Export to XL, change the tags and import.  Quicker than doing it manually but still annoying.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost