AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Electrical 2013 will not launch

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
sjeickholt
515 Views, 10 Replies

Autocad Electrical 2013 will not launch

I have done a complete uninistall/reinstall, entered correct server info, launch, it sits there for a few seconds, and stops. Task manager does not show it running.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jalger
in reply to: sjeickholt

Hi sjeickholt,

Try Adding the Flexlm_timeout Variable, it should fix the issue. (likely its timing out when its communicating with the server.)

Here is the link to the Knowledage Database for the steps:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-A...

I have also Copied them Below:

• Right-click My Computer. Click Properties.
    (for Vista and Windows 7, click the "Advanced system settings" link.)
  • In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.

• On the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.

• In the Environment Variables dialog box, under System Variables, click New.

• In the New System Variable dialog box, enter FLEXLM_TIMEOUT for the variable name and 10000000 for the variable value.

• Click OK to close each dialog box.

• Launch the Autodesk application.

If you still cannot obtain a license, repeat the procedure; increasing the value in 1000000 microsecond increments until you are able to obtain a license from the license server

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 3 of 11
TravisNave

For a stand-alone version, you might need to delete the license files and relaunch.

%programdata%\flexnet\adsk*.data

Also, make sure you are launching with local admin rights, UAC off, and anti-virus temporarily disabled.  And hopefully you are not using roaming profiles or redirected profile folders.  Once you get a good launch, you should be set.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 11
sjeickholt
in reply to: jalger

Your forum is not helpful regarding my issue. I have attempted to reinstall AutoCad numerous times and now I am getting the error below.
Waiting for someone to reply is not proving efficient for my efforts. I can be reached at 712-291-9738.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Sandy Eickholt

[cid:image001.png@01D0088D.ED76A110]

Attention:
The information contained in this message and/or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and immediately delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.
Message 5 of 11
sjeickholt

Hi James-

Thank you for your tips. I followed step by step and incremented by several 0's at the end to no avail. I wonder if there is

some kind of registry entry that I am missing. I have attempted the install more times than I can count, but always removed from

Control Panel and restarted the computer and I am still getting the same error.

In addition to the error, I get a prompt to install SP2, when I click on the 'announcement' it just sits there in Internet Explorer and goes no

further.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sandy

Message 6 of 11
jalger

Hi Sandy,

Can you post the image of the error? (the one you posted before doesn't show up).

Are you Installing a Network license or Stanadalone? (Do you know if the serial number is standalone or Network, it makes a difference)

If your not sure contact your Re-seller to have them tell you, what the license is.

I would try a few things on the next un-install /Re-install:

Log on as an admin

Disable anti-virus

Disable UAC (User Account Control)

Normally if you install on a machine without being the admin, or with anti-virus/ UAC on it can lock out file folders. (then the program won't run properly).

If you post the image of the error message I'll see what iI can do,

Regards,

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 7 of 11
sjeickholt

Attached is the image I am getting upon launch of AutoCAD.

I am installing a network license. The license is a network license for 5 users.

I am going to attempt another uninstall as administrator tomorrow morning, with disabling antivirus, and disabling UAC.

Are there any registry entries that could be causing havock with the uninstall/reinstall? Is SP2 essential for it to work properly?

Thanks again!!!!

Message 8 of 11
jalger

Hi Sandy,

You can also Try the following:

Fatal Error while opening AutoCAD

Dec 4, 2014

Issue:While in the process of starting AutoCAD , a Fatal Error occurs.
Causes:Fatal errors usually indicate program corruption or a corruption somewhere within the operating system.
Solution:There are several ways to address the problem:

Note: A fatal error can be caused by DisplayLink Core software. If you have this installed on your system, try uninstalling it and then see if this resolves the issue. Additionally, some antivirus or desktop locking programs can cause errors in AutoCAD as they lock the system environment from working. Your antivirus may even need to be uninstalled.

If all of the above solutions fail to resolve the issue, and a full uninstall and reinstall of AutoCAD does not help (see Remove All Products from a Windows System), then you may need to reformat your hard drive and reinstall the operating system.

(This is copied from the Autodesk Knowledge base)

The only thing I can think of that would cause a regisrty error would be: An old Autodesk beta (but you installed the "real" Version.
or a windows update. I'll look for the secuirty updates that autodesk tells you to look for.

I hope this Helps,

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 9 of 11
jalger

Hi Sandy,

Here was the other info (the secuity updates to look for).

Issue:After installing Windows security updates MS14-037 ( KB2962872), MS14-051 ( KB2976627), and/or MS14-052 ( KB2977629), AutoCAD crashes frequently.
  • Behavior started happening suddenly, to multiple users in the same office.
  • Windows updates recently installed.
  • Crashes can occur when opening the plot details, after a plot job was completed.
  • Other commands can also result in sudden crashes.
  • Startup Crash on Activation
Causes:Recent Windows updates are conflicting with AutoCAD.
Solution:Install the following update from Microsoft, which resolves this issue:
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (2987107)

Again these are from the Autodesk Knowledge base.

I hope this helps,

James
James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 10 of 11
sjeickholt

James-

Thank you for all of your suggestions in trying to get Electrical 2013 to work!! This machine is going to get a re-image.

Message 11 of 11
jalger

Hi Sandy,

After you re-image it let me know, just post here if you have more issues.

If you run into more issues, I'll see if I can think of anything else to fix the machine.

While I'm thinking about it, make sure that the Computer has windows XP or Windows 7 (2013 semi works on windows 8 but I would avoid it if you can).

If your stuck with Windows 8, I suggest bumping to 2014 or 2015.  (they run stable on windows 8 and 8.1).

Regards,

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost