AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 Service Pack 1

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
DBrohm
2656 Views, 11 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 Service Pack 1

Good day to my friends at Autodesk;

I am a big fan of AutoCAD Electrical 2013, sure it has some bugs, but from my experience, over the past few years, it is seriously better than the initial offerings of 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.  That coupled with the fact that there are some nice features in the latest version to my mind makes it a half decent package; now if they could only make the bugs go away Smiley Wink.  I haven’t released 2013 to my design group, as yet, because of the bugs that do exist, as it would slow them down, and because of this I look every day to see if SP1 has been released yet.   Yesterday, during one of my daily treks to the “AutoCAD Electrical Services & Support” site I noticed a new item which was entitled “Hotfix: Unable to install French version of AutoCAD Electrical 2013 Service Pack 1”.   I read the "readme" for this hotfix and as near as I can determine it implies, at least, that SP1 is ready and available for install.

This bodes the question, where is SP1?  I don’t see it listed anywhere.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
stefan.stamate
in reply to: DBrohm

Hey Doug,

It was reelased and retracted right away, not sure for what reason. It might become available soon. I know this from our Autodesk sales rep.

Cheers,

Stefan

Message 3 of 12
DBrohm
in reply to: stefan.stamate

Thanks Stefan... that is very interesting.

Message 4 of 12
lionSG

Hi ppl,

Any ideas when?

Or wait for new verison 2014.

Message 5 of 12
process_solutions

I too am checking almost daily for the AutoCAD Electrical 2013 service pack.  Until it is released, I am resigned to a few things necessitating keeping our 2010 installations installed & up to date per subscription privelege.  I am hoping that upon release the following will be fixed or less of an issue:

Action Recorder has abundance of "command failed" for commands which work very well in 2010

"AutoCAD not Responding" message can occur for even relatively light-load Autolisp or Script operations.

I look forward to the release in order justify propagating our 2013 station(s).

If there has been a release which is available, I haven't found it yet.

(Edit: I removed "issue" of Flatten Command as it doesn't always hang the system)

Message 6 of 12

I just installed SP1 about an hour ago. It is now available. I saw the little Icon in the upper right part of the titlebar saying it was ready.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 7 of 12
DBrohm
in reply to: testsubject

Good Morning All;

Yes indeed SP1 for 2013 is out, has been for a little while now.  This morning I installed 2013 on one of my designers PC`s and applied this SP.  Its very early in the process but the Wire number feature in the `Create / Edit Wire Type`dialog window seems to have been fixed.  But thus far the `Component Count` issue in the "Insert/Edit Component" dialog window does not.  Just some feed back for now;will apply the fix that Pat supplied on 05-24-2012, specifically the wds1ed.dcl fix.

Message 8 of 12
k.mouttou

Hello all,

I try to install SP1, but I have the error code: 1648 at the beginning of the installation. Does anyone encounter this problem?

I try to install the SP1 on my PC (windows 7), and on a XP PC, same issue.

Thanks for your helps.

Message 9 of 12
lionSG

I have no problem installing SP1 on a few PCs.

Think it maybe more Windows issue.

Try to reinstall your ACE if possible and then try the SP1 again.

Thanks.

Message 10 of 12
bpasqualini
in reply to: k.mouttou

Hi,

If you use a french version, see the hotfix http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20410984&linkID=9240738

Best regards

Message 11 of 12
k.mouttou

Thanks for your fast reply lionSG and bpasqualini.

It's true, I use a French version. bpasqualini, your advice worked.

Thanks one more time.

Best regards

Message 12 of 12
george.thompson
in reply to: k.mouttou

Have you fixed the MS error problem installing SP1? I too got that error on a Win7 64bit SP1 update. Still trying to figure it out. THIS IS Electrical 2012......BTW.

Dell T3600, 16G Ram, nvidia Quadro 4000.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost