AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad Electrical 2013 Multilple Catalog and BOM issue

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
1859 Views, 13 Replies

AutoCad Electrical 2013 Multilple Catalog and BOM issue

I am new to AutoCAD Elec 2013. I did make thru a fundamental training class which did not really cover this. I am trying to create a bill of material on a page utilizing multiple catalog enteries on several different parts. My problem is that when I create the BOM, I get multiple listings on the BOM with the same Item number. For example, I am showing 2 seperate connectors with unique part numbers but each connector uses the same crimp pin. How can I resolve this?

Thanks

Jason

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
RobinShou-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Would you please help to give a sample drawing, and also a screenshot for the problem in the report, then we can know what exactly the problem it.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance
AutoCAD Electrical
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

attach is a picture of BOM and an attached file that it is from

Thanks

Jason

Message 4 of 14
dougmcalexander

Set your project properties to item numbering by per part number basis. Change this setting on the Components tab of project properties. Click the button labeled Item Numbering. You should also set to accumulate project wide.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Doug,

That is how I currently have it set up as. I saved my project defaults to the file and the same thing happens...

Thanks

Jason

Message 6 of 14
Icemanau

Once you have set the project properties, you need to transfer those settings to the dwgs for them to take effect.

Go to the Prject Manager, right click on a dwg and select Properties. There is an option to apply the Project Settings as well as one to show the differences between the Project Setting and the Dwg Settings (called Settings Compare).

I'm not sure if ACADE have included a function to update ALL the dwgs to the projects settings yet, so you may need to go through and update each dwgs individually.

I suggest it would be better to use the settings compare on each dwg as it will allow you to choose which settings to update. This is ideal if each dwg has different settings for the cross referencing setup.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

That was the last thing that I tried. I did see that if I used a footprint that was included in AutoCAD Electrical 2013 this does not happen, it is only happening with the footprints or schematic symbols that I have created. Is there a special tag thats needs attached for this to work correctly? When this happens on a schematic page, I used a downloaded Harting connector as the catalog item and assigned the multiple items to that. I did add attritibutes to the connector but did I miss some required ones for this? On the panel page, I copied a older non electrical drawing into the drawing for reference. When entering the footprint part onto the drawing, if it was not in catalog, I would pick an non AutoCAD electrical block and use for that part. I did not add any attributes to the block. Do I need to add the attributes and so which ones? For example, I want to enter a fuse holder and make the fuse a multilpe item of the holder. The fuse holder may be used several times on the panel.

I hope this help explains what I am trying to do.

thanks

Jason

Message 8 of 14
dougmcalexander

You can select all drawings in a project with shift or control. Then right-click over the group you selected and click properties apply project defaults. With 2013 and later you can apply project defaults on a per folder basis, if you have set up virtual folders. But note that per part number basis item numbering is a project level setting, not a drawing level setting, so in that case there is no need to apply project default values to all drawings.

You do not need special attributes for multiple catalog entries in your component symbols or footprints. The data is pushed in as xdata when you add via the multiple catalog option.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

Doug,

It sounds like I have done what you have indicated in your post. With AutoCAD Electrical 2013, can it create a BOM on a page without repeating the line item several times? or is ths a situation like you have posted in your ecadconsultant page of tips and trips for unique numbers in a BOM?

Thanks

Jason

Message 10 of 14
dougmcalexander

There is a user post that removes the repeated item numbers.

Doug McAlexander

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

I believe I found teh thread you spoke and it apprears to resolve my issue. Will have to test when project is complete. Thanks for your help.

Jason

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

I came online to search for this same issue.. it is also happening in ACE 2014 SP1.1.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

For this BOM bug, this may be the way to reproduce.  

create small schematic and have multiple symbols with multiple parts.

WBLOCK save the several symbols/wires to a file.

Now create a new project or open an exiting and insert the INSERT WBLOCK CIRCUIT.

Now go in and CHANGE some of the subcomponents (mutliple parts) to something else.

You may have to put the parent devices on the panel layout, unsure about this part.

One TEMPORARY workaround is to make a DUMMY panel symbol and use the [+]MULTIPLE insert.  It will then be picked up as a panel element even though it's already in the schematics.

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

My settings are already set this way. Does not work unless I put something in the panel for these. RECREATE:
WBLOCK a circuit with symbols having multiple parts.
insert WBLOCK circuit into a new project.
CHANGE the sub-part numbers to something different (like fuses for example)
This seems to keep them from showing up on the new BOM.

FOr BOM, using PANEL BOM, options: full schematic and tallied purchase list format.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost