AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 Icon menu problem?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
JEeten
1962 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 Icon menu problem?

Hi all,

I have Electrical 2013 installed on win7 64x.

The following problem: I insert a pushbutton via the icon menu. Then I insert a Hydraulic component with "Insert hydraulic component". So far so good.

But then I click again on Icon Menu to insert another Pushbutton, then the Hydraulic Icon menu appears.

I can't get into the normal electric components icon menu. Then I have to restart Electrical 2013 to have the normal Icon menu back. But when I use the other Icon menu's (Pneu, Hydr, PID) then I don;t get the normal icon menu.

Has anybody else this problem?

Thanks,

John

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DBrohm
in reply to: JEeten

I have experienced the exact same issue.  Autodesk please fix, I anticipate this shouldn’t be a significantly large problem, however, I can foresee times when it will be very annoying.

Message 3 of 8
mathalekar
in reply to: DBrohm

Hello,

I tried to validate this issue on ACADE 2013 but was not able to reproduce this at my end. Can you send me details of your steps on my official id mayuresh.athalekar@autodesk.com ?

Message 4 of 8
mathalekar

Hello,

After doing further investigation i could reproduce this issue at my end as well. We have noted this issue at our end. Thanks for reporting.

Message 5 of 8
mathalekar

Here is a quick solution in which user need not to exit the application.

1. When you switch to Hydraulic / Pneumatic icon menu and want to insert the default standard icon menu (instead of closing the application) go to Icon Menu wizard via Components >Symbol Library > Icon Menu Wizard or use command “AEMENUWIZ” command to invoke Icon Menu wizard.
  2. ACADE displays default DAT file used for the project (ACE_IEC_MENU.DAT or ACE_JIC_MENU.DAT). Simply click on Cancel button in the dialog box.
  3. Invoke Insert Component feature, ACADE starts showing default Icon menu.

We have noted this issue and working on it. But this at least resolves the issue (I understand there is a small steps to perform by user) and user need not to exit application.

Message 6 of 8
mako68

Hi,

When is the SP available for this bug? This icon menu freezing is very annoying...

/mako

Message 7 of 8
dalebra

Has this bug been fixed?

I have AutoCAD Electrical 2013 Version 10.0.47.1

Message 8 of 8
mathalekar
in reply to: dalebra

Hello,

The version 10.047.1 is hotfix version for snap issue that we had released. Please apply service pack 1 for 2013 release via autodesk website. You can apply update the same within product via Product update check in top right corner icon. With application of Service pack we have integrated the fix for icon menu. The product version after application of service pack is going to be 10.1.0.7.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost