AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

MikeAldridge1953
Message 1 of 27 (1,611 Views)

Autocad electrical 2013 Fatal Errors

1611 Views, 26 Replies
06-07-2012 01:28 AM

Hi,

I am experiencing fatal errors at an alarming frequency. I had originally associated problems with upgrade from 2012 to 2013. As i was about to replace PC i lived with it. Now with new PC and clean install problems are as bad if not worse.

Been working 1 hour this morning and had 3 crashes.

The latest  one detailed below-

Changed to next page and clicked save. Fatal Error Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x75946ee8 exception at 700ec220h. 

This happened 8 times yesterday.

Also after crash when project re opened random drawings in project have corruptions to drawing template - two lines of my border are missing and my company Logo has also vanished. can only be resolved by deleting border purging template tittle block and copying border back in - a real pain when it may affect 10+ pages. 

Getting seriously fed up with 2013 version (although 2012, 2011 2010 all crashed occasionally).

Please Help!!!!

MikeAldridge1953
Message 2 of 27 (1,603 Views)

Re: Autocad electrical 2013 Fatal Errors

06-07-2012 04:22 AM in reply to: MikeAldridge1953

Two more crashes since first post. both times when attempting to insert destination arrows.

*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 3 of 27 (1,595 Views)

06-07-2012 06:43 AM in reply to: MikeAldridge1953

That issue sounds related to the drawing template itself, especially since you've had problems with previous versions as well.  The template may be corrupted.  Try running Drawing Audit against a new drawing that is created from your template.  Do not insert wires or component symbols, just start a new drawing with the template and run Drawing Audit.  Try both the standard AutoCAD Drawing Audit and the one on Electrical's Reports menu tab.  To prove if the template is corrupt, temporarily create some drawings using one of the included templates and see if you can cause a crash.  If not, you might need to re-create your template from scratch. 

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
MikeAldridge1953
Message 4 of 27 (1,593 Views)

06-07-2012 07:08 AM in reply to: dougmcalexander

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, drawing audit / electrical audit report no errors. I have recreated my template prior to starting my current project. I will try using a sample template and see what happens.

My  comments regarding crashes with previous version refer to very occasional errors, where as 2013 is crashing 2 or 3 times per hour!

Thanks again.

Employee
RobinShou-Autodesk
Message 5 of 27 (1,587 Views)

06-07-2012 08:31 AM in reply to: MikeAldridge1953

Hello,       

Would you please give us a sample project with the problem? Then we can have a check for this issue.

You can just send the project to my email zhonghua.shou@autodesk.com if needed.      

Thanks,    

Robin Shou    

Quality Assurance    

AutoCAD Electrical    

Autodesk, Inc.

MikeAldridge1953
Message 6 of 27 (1,583 Views)

06-07-2012 09:01 AM in reply to: MikeAldridge1953

Hi I have emailed a sample project where crash occurs. Thanks

mriley
Message 7 of 27 (1,509 Views)

07-08-2012 06:48 PM in reply to: MikeAldridge1953

Has a solution been found for this.. I am constantly having the same error at the same consistancy.. I am sure that it is the Autodesk software as we have several licences and most of the staff in our engineering department are expierancing the same error.

I find it absolutely outragous that this version of the software seems to be in a beta stage and almost untested before release. I understand that its nice to release a new version every year but with the amount of money that my company spends to upgrade to the latest version, only to take a giant step backwards, makes me wonder what other options are out there.

I believe that autodesk should be fast tracking this solution or at least offering some sort of rebate for the purchased licences of this product until the solution has be solved. I cannot even begin to add up the hours that have been lost over the past month in productive hours due to this problems.  

MikeAldridge1953
Message 8 of 27 (1,496 Views)

07-09-2012 01:01 AM in reply to: MikeAldridge1953

I too still experience errors far too often. However Since the low point of crashes every few minutes  my stability has improved a little although i am not entirely sure if this is due to any thing i have done or simply the stage of the project i am at.

My problem seems to be worse when creating new drawings and adding multiple bus followed by to and from arrows to next page. Since things have improved i have - 1. Created a new template based on the autocad standard one, my original had an embedded Jpeg (company logo) which seemed to cause lots of problems. 2. I try to have only one project, the active one in the project manager. 3. i keep the number of drawings open to the minimum i can work with and page up down throught the pages rather than using project manager to jump to the page i want. 4. Ctrl-S to save every time i have made a lot of changes as the crash inevitably loses work. 5. purge the drawings regularly.

All of the above do seem to have helped, however this version does seem to be very unstable.

Out of interest i have re installed the machine from scratch - windows everything. no change  to reliability.

Installed on  a different machine no change.

regards

Ian

SamElkink
Message 9 of 27 (1,454 Views)

07-11-2012 06:37 PM in reply to: MikeAldridge1953

Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

My ACE 2013 is getting the same errors.

Happens most of the time when switching between drawings, makes it very slow to finish a project with 100+ drawings.

Never had a problem with ACE2012, only with this latest one.

Contributor
tmbarton
Message 10 of 27 (1,267 Views)

09-11-2012 06:29 AM in reply to: MikeAldridge1953

Yep, I'm getting exactly the same thing.  Mine most often occur when opening the first drawing after Autocad Electrical has just been started, although occasionally after that.  Have had some drawing corruption, and also a missing logo from the template.  Not greatly impressed, Autocad has always been quite stable, this release is not.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.