AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Active Contributor
stefan.stamate
Message 71 of 77 (606 Views)

Re: AutoCAD Electrical 2012

02-01-2012 08:07 AM in reply to: pankaj.dave

Hi there,

First of all I am not sure if this was mentioned previously, sorry in advance if it was.

I am encountering issues with selecting multiple files (using the Shift key) when adding drawings into a project. I am using 2012 Electrical+SP1 on Windows 7. I have no issues when using the Control key but it takes forever...Basically Autocad hangs when I try to select multiple drawings using the Shift Key.

Thanks in advance!

Stefan

Contributor
gtralt
Message 72 of 77 (517 Views)

03-06-2012 09:08 AM in reply to: murnenp

I tried the Hotfix and was not able to start AutoCADE after following the directions. Attached is the error that I got. Any suggestions?

Employee
murnenp
Message 73 of 77 (484 Views)

03-07-2012 05:53 AM in reply to: gtralt

I will forward this error image to support. Did you install the hotfix for 32 bit or 64 bit system? What operating system are you on?

In the meantime the readme has these instructions for installing and removing the hotfix -

1. Exit AutoCAD Electrical
  2. Download the appropriate hotfix
    • For 32 bit operating systems - DL16822624.zip
    • For 64 bit operating systems - DL16822624_x64.zip
  1. Find the product installation folder; for example C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acade 2012.
  2. In this folder, right-click the acad.exe file and select Properties.
  3. In Windows XP, click the Version tab, in Windows Vista or Windows 7 click the Details tab. Confirm the file version.
    • If this file is version 24.2.51.0, then proceed with this installation.
    • If this file is version 24.2.51.2, then this hotfix has already been applied.
  1. Goto product installation folder, right click on "acad.exe" and rename it to "acad.bak" to retain the original file as backup.
  2. Double-click the downloaded file.
  3. Extract acad.exe to the product installation folder (for example, C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acade 2012)
  4. Verify the version of the replaced file by right-clicking on the new acad.exe file and select Properties. In Windows XP click the Version tab, in Windows Vista or Windows 7 click the Details tab. Confirm this file is version 24.2.51.2.

NOTE: To remove this HOTFIX, delete the new acad.exe file and the rename the file acad.bak back to its original name of acad.exe.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Information Modeling and Platform Products Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Contributor
gtralt
Message 74 of 77 (458 Views)

03-08-2012 09:04 AM in reply to: murnenp

I am running WinXP 64bit and the directions that you posted from the readme are the same steps that I followed when doing the hotfix. I made sure to download the 64bit version. and still got the error that I posted.

Employee
murnenp
Message 75 of 77 (451 Views)

03-08-2012 09:24 AM in reply to: gtralt

I am passing this information on to support but in the meantime I just wanted to make sure you could uninstall it (text in red about renaming the backup file made when installed) and run AcadE.

If you are a subscription customer I would recommend logging this through that route as well. I checked to see if there were issues already logged regarding this hotfix but didn't find any.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Information Modeling and Platform Products Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Employee
RobinShou-Autodesk
Message 76 of 77 (423 Views)

03-09-2012 06:36 AM in reply to: gtralt

Hi gtralt,

Have you patch the SP1 into your ACE2012 alrealy before you patch the Hotfix?

I can reproduce your issue if I patch the SP1 to the ACE2012 firstly, then patch the hotfix again.

If you have patch the SP1 for ACE2012, then you don't need to patch this hotfix again. As we release the hotfix firstly, then release SP1. So in the SP1, it includes the hotfix for the snap issue, please check the SP1 readme for detail.

So now please follow the Note below to remove the HOTFIX, then you should can launch the ACE with no issue. and also the snap issue is fixed by the SP1.

NOTE: To remove this HOTFIX, delete the new acad.exe file and the rename the file acad.bak back to its original name of acad.exe.

Please let me know if you still encounter issues.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance
AutoCAD Electrical
Autodesk, Inc.

Contributor
gtralt
Message 77 of 77 (415 Views)

03-09-2012 06:53 AM in reply to: RobinShou-Autodesk

Yes, I do have SP1 installed for AutoCADE 2012. So I'm good to go. I removed the hotfix and continued on business as usual.

Thanks,

Greg

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.