AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Electrical 2012 take long time to open database

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
280 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad Electrical 2012 take long time to open database

Hi, I have a problem with my autocad electrical 2012!

When I insert a new Circuit braker it takes more then 30minutes to open the CB database!

Also in other components it takes more or less time, it depends on the component.

I'm using the windows 7 pro 64bits, and we have changed the directories of the instalation, so we can have all of ours computeres with the same databases, since we have diferents operating sistems.

Also when working on the network server it takes forever to open or to save the drawings!

Can you please tell me what to do to make it faster?

Best Regards,

Nuno Guedes

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
testsubject
in reply to: Anonymous

It is not uncommon to take a short while to open the database across a network but 30 minutes is excessive. To speed things up, I created a smaller default.mdb with just the items I use the most and store that on the network. Then I renamed the original default.mdb to default_original.mdb, store it locally, and set it up as a secondary database. This way, I can still use the original database but the new database (which is shared) opens much faster.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost