AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Electrical 2012 - Revise Ladder

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
joecarbone7542
715 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad Electrical 2012 - Revise Ladder

I am making a drawing and needed to insert some rungs in the middle of the ladder.  I trimmed some wires out of the vertical lines adn used the move command to move the bottom section down the page.  I reconnected the vertical lines and then added rungs by using the offset tool so that I could maintain my rung spacing.  So far all appears to be well except I now have a gap in my rung numbers.  I used the revise ladder tool and it appeared to work.  However, I then added a contact from one of the relays and used the parent/sibling tool.  All the contacts in the xrefno & xrefnc were listed as "-1" and the xref number at the new contact was also listed as "-1" but the xref at the earlier contacts are listed as "16", which is where the coil used to be.  The coil appears to be on line 15 and the NO contacts are on lines 18 & 28 and the NC contacts are on lines 28 & 42.

How can I get these numbers back into sync short of doing them all manually?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

What you have done by using autocad tools is to "break" the intelligence of ACE. If you want to "move" rungs around in ACE, it is better to use Scoot to slide the rungs up and down the ladder. Use Snap set to a multiple of the rung spacing to maintain the spacing of the rungs. By using this tool, ACE will know when a component has been moved and update the database with the new cross-references.

It sounds like you need to do an Update/Retag of the components to inform ACE where they are now.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 6

Thank you.  I tried your suggestion to retag the components.  I used the tool on the schematic ribon, Edit Components, drop down - Retag Components.

What it did - relabelled my components such as NCR to CR1.  It did this to the coil and the contacts scatterred around the drawing.  The xrefno & xrefnc stayed at "-1".  When I tried using the surf tool, it listed the no & nc contacts and the coil on the correct lines, but I do not know how to re-establish the automatic links.

Message 4 of 6

Under the Edit Components tab, try Component Cross Reference (Rightmost icon of second row). I am unsure as to why the the retag did not update the cross-reference. I tend to use the Retag/Update that is located on the RMC when hovering over a component which does fix xreffing...I don't do a lot of drawing/project wide retagging which that button you mentioned is good for.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Message 5 of 6

I believe we now have the drawing working right again.  We had to make another ladder then move the rung numbers using the circuit mover tool then use the component cross reference tool.  This got the cross referencing working right but during one of the earlier retag operations the tag names were changed.  These I can chage back manually.

Message 6 of 6

I am glad you got it working!

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost