AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2012 Project Manager not updating

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
816 Views, 0 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2012 Project Manager not updating

I am currently having a consistent issue with the project manager in AutoCAD Electrical 2012. My company is currently using a shared working folder on a network location.

The Issue: Whenever I add new drawings to a project from any location besides my working folder, the project manager shows that the drawings are not checked into the vault by displaying "?". But the problem is that the drawings are in fact checked into the vault. I can open my Vault Client and see that the drawings are checked into the vault. When I look at the details of the drawing in the project manager it shows that the location of the drawing file is not in the vault but wherever the file was saved to before I added it to the project. It just seems like it is not refreshing when I add new drawings to the project.

Things that I found to temporarily fix this issue is to refresh that project. When I do that Autocad crashes, but when I reopen Autocad the drawing file shows that it is checked into the vault. Just today I realized that I can also fix the issue by closing the project and opening it from the vault again.

So I believe that the issue is in the project manager and that it is not refreshing when I add new drawings to a project which are previously saved to a location outside of my working folder.

I did talk to some Autocad support about this issue and they told me to save the files to my working folder first and than add them to the project. Is this really the permanent solution?

Please Help!

-Beverly

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost