AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad Electrical 2012 ActiveX

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
zbrong92
2625 Views, 11 Replies

AutoCad Electrical 2012 ActiveX

I recently installed AutoCad Electrical 2012 and when I opened the program a window pops up that says,

"One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:

1) your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page, or

2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls.

As a result, the page might not display correctly."

I have tried turning off my firewall and re-running it, but no success.  I have also disabled Kaspersky, my antivirus and tried it and still nothing.

I think this activex problem may have something to do with my activation troubles as well.  When I try to activate a blank window pops up and I am unable to do anything to activate my software.

First of all I cannot activiate my software which is a problem, and second there seems to be a problem with activex running with autocad.  If anyone has any idea how to fix this I would really appreciate it.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: zbrong92

Hi zbrong92,

What's your operating System ? Have you installed MS .NET Framework Version 4.0 ? Have you installed latest version of flash player version 10 ?

Attach AcadE2012 System Requirements and Readme for your reference.

Hope this can help you, if still reproduce, pls let me know.

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 12
zbrong92
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

First off thank you for the quick response, I really appreciate it.  I tried opening the readme file just to double check but unfortunatly that just opened as a bunch up illegible HTML code.  I don't know if this has something to do with me running firefox.

I am running windows 7 64 bit.  I double checked the framwork and flash player and both are the versions that you mentioned but I still have the same problem.  I also tried making Internet explorer my default browser and then openeing autocad and it still gives me the same problem.  I click on activate and agree to the terms of use and it opens a window that is a blank screen and there is nothing I can do from there.

Message 4 of 12
KevinLi-Autodesk

Hi,

can you attach the screenshot about the window which is a blank screen ?

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 5 of 12
zbrong92
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

Sure, here is a screenshot of the message and of the blank screen after I press activate.

Message 6 of 12
JohnSmith5014

I get the same message when I try to open the Electrical help file.  The other help functions work OK.

Message 7 of 12
MinKeng
in reply to: JohnSmith5014

Hi all,

This is usually caused by Java Script execution is disabled in IE browser.

Please try this solution in the Knowledge Base:

Register Today (Product Activation Wizard) displays only two radio buttons

P.S. this solution need to authorize ActiveX running enabled in security settings.

Regards,

Min Keng

Message 8 of 12
JohnSmith5014

Hi Min Keng

I checked the registry and the two values were already set to 0. I ran the instructiuons to register javascript but I still get the message "One or more Activex controls could not be displayed ....etc. I have changed from Firefox to Explorer 9 as my web browser but still no success.

regards

John

Message 9 of 12
MinKeng

Hi John,

Can you please try the following steps if it resolves your problem?

1.    Reset the internet explorer settings.

• In Internet Explorer, go to Tools -> Internet Options
  • Go to Security Tab, and click on [Reset all zones to default level] button.
  • In the same tab, select [Trusted Sites], and click on the [Sites] button.
  • Add http://*.autodesk.com and https://*.autodesk.com to the list of trusted sites.
  • Apply the settings and restart the Internet Explorer.

2.   At this point, launch AutoCAD Electrical (ACADE) and see if the problem is resolved.

3.   If the problem still persists, close ACADE and launch IE again.

• Go to  Tools -> Internet Options.
  • Go to the Advanced Tab and [Restore advanced settings] and [Reset...] the IE settings.

If the problem is still there, we may need to review if there any antivirus programs that are causing the problem.

Let us know if the problem still persists.

Thanks.

Regards,

Min Keng

Message 10 of 12
zbrong92
in reply to: MinKeng

Min Keng,

I did everything that you said to the letter and I am still getting the same error.  I am at a lose here because I even tried shutting down my firewall and still nothing.  I also tried turning off Kaspersky which is the anti virus I am running on my computer and still had no success.  I really appreciate the help so far and if you have any further ideas on how to fix this I could really use it.

Thanks,

Zach

Message 11 of 12
zbrong92

Min Keng,

I appologize for the previous message, I reread the webpage on editing the registry and went through it carefully and found my problem.  I had a piece of borken code under my zones file.  Where there should only have been 0 through 4 there was an extra "L" symbol as well.  I deleted it and now active x works perfectly and I can activate my software.

Thank you so much for your help!

Best,

Zach

Message 12 of 12
MinKeng

Hi Zach,

Glad to hear that it is working for you.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Min Keng

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost