AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2011 Plot Project Problem

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Dennis_Verches
1518 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2011 Plot Project Problem

Hi, I have AE 2011 installed. I tried using the plot project, selected all my drawings (around 50 or so... ) selected my .pc3 and click ok. It starts to print, as it goes along, it sometimes stop for no reason, sometimes it doesn't stop and finishes the whole project. The thing is that it doesn't stop at the same drawing all the time, it is random. Sometimes it might go as far a 30-40 files, before it stops, sometimes just 3.  Has any body experienced this and knows what to do? Please help. Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi.

I don't have any solution for you, but I just wanted to say that you're not the only one experiencing this. We've got 100's of customers and many of these have the exact same problem. It just stops for no reason.

Some customers have had more luck if they've rebuilt the project database, and restarted AcadE before plotting, but this isn't always either...

So.. no solution. Just wanted you to know you're not alone 🙂

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 10
jhunt107
in reply to: rhesusminus

Dennis or THL,
    One year later and I hope you found an answer. I have a client with the exact same problem. Did you find a solution?

Josh

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 10
rhesusminus
in reply to: jhunt107

One year later... And running AcadE 2012. Haven't experienced the problem since

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 10
johnq

Hello

This is an interesting thread.

I have had printing problems with ACE 2010 but different to what is described here.

My question is:  I can print a sheet at a time but I cant make the plot project work.     I can go through the set up but when I hit print it goes to print for ever and nothing happens.

The little electronic roll plotter in the right hane bottom corner just sits there and is busy doing nothing.

Any clues?

Thanks  jq

Message 6 of 10
davidhall
in reply to: johnq

I have not used the plot project function you guys are talking about, but in regular Autocad, the background plotting option slows plotting way down.  By disabling that, my plot scripts run really fast.  You might try that.

David
Everyone has a photographic memory,
some just don't have film.
Message 7 of 10
jhunt107

JohnQ,

You should try more scenarios. Different printer, different settings, different ACADE projects, pick a different set of drawings in the project, plot project to the DWF or PDF printers. Basically make one of those changes at a time and try again.

Josh

Message 8 of 10
rhesusminus

Nowadays I reccomend all my customers to just use the Publish to DWF function to create a multi-sheet PDF, and then just use their PDF viewer (Like Adobe Reader) to print the sheets to the preferred printer/paper size.

Make sure you have a correctly set up PDF Pagesetup in your (template) drawings. Then, creating the PDF is done in a few clicks.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 9 of 10
johnq

Hi All

Thanks for your replys and recomendations.

Many of you folks are far more experienced than me.

I do not have the expertise with scripts and I only have one A3 printer in the small company I work.

Publishing worked well witht the standard AutcCAD modules in AC2005, 7 and ACE2010 but as mentioned earlier I cant make it work in ACE2012.

My last employier had a busy network and ADOBY would loose data, we found CUTE PDF far more reliable for creating DWG to PDF files.

Is the publishing module another example like the ACE2012 snap problem where a good feature has been denigrated?

Cheers JohnQ

Message 10 of 10
jhunt107

John Q,

The "plot project" works just fine on my ACE2012 so I suspect you have a problem that is specific to your environment. 

If you only have one physical printer then try a "Plot Project" to the CutePDF printer or try the default "plotter" configurations that come directly from Autodesk. Many times the issue is with the specific plotter/printer driver.

For example, these will make PDFs, DWFs, or images:

Acade - DWG To PDF.pc3

DWF Classic (R14 look).pc3

DWF6 ePlot.pc3

DWFx ePlot (XPS Compatible).pc3

DWG To PDF.pc3

PublishToWeb JPG.pc3

PublishToWeb PNG.pc3

Also, you don't need to have any experience with scripts to use the "Plot Project" ACE generates the scripts automatically. This thread started about a specific problem with "plot project" in ACE2011. It just STOPS randomly in the middle of a job.

I hope this helps.

Josh Hunt

Tata Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost