AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2011 move command (M) moving objects touching my selection.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sethtriad
701 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2011 move command (M) moving objects touching my selection.

I've been working with ACADE for a while and this just started happening. I don't remember changing any settings or making any modifications to the way ACADE works, but when I select, say, a line, that intersects with a grip of another object (text, block, line, etc.), press M to move the line, and click/drag to move, the object that is touching the line I'm trying to move, moves with my selection. 

This didn't happen before this week and I can't remember if I accidentally made changes to the options in ACADE. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
testsubject
in reply to: sethtriad

It almost sounds like Scoot has been mapped to "M" shortcut key. This is done by editing the acad.pgp file. You can check it by going to

Ribbon:  Manage tab>  Customization panel > Edit Aliases.
 Menu:  Tools>  Customize>  Edit Program Parameters

It is a text file that can be edtited to your heart's content.

I used to edit this heavily until the Right Mouse Context Sensitive Menu came out. Then I customized that.

(M)ove is an Autocad, not Autocad Electrcial command.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 6
sethtriad

found the acad.pgp file and searched for the "M" alias and what command it was set to, which is *MOVE. I have little knowledge on this type of stuff, but this doesn't seem like it should be causing the issue I'm having.  I also tried looking for the scoot command in the .pgp file and I couldn't find it anywhere. Also, ACADE isn't recognizing the scoot command if I type it into the command line. 

Message 4 of 6
testsubject

You probably won't find any ACE commands in the .pgp file. It is not used as much now.

Most ACE commands are prefixed by "AE"

Scoot is AESCOOT.

Not really sure about what is causing what  you are seeing. I am sorry I could not help futrther.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 6
sonny3g
in reply to: testsubject

Are you sure that you are NOT moving a joined pline?

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 6 of 6
sethtriad
in reply to: sonny3g

Here is an example of the issues I'm having.  I took a screen capture of a window within ACADE so I could actually show whats happening instead of trying to explain it.

The two concentric circles in the center are a block, and each of the hexagons with the white lines protruding from opposite sides are blocks, so there are four blocks creating that "T" shape.  The orange lines are just lines drawin using the "L" command. 

Everything was put in place by selecting a hexogonal block, pressing "M" to move it, selecting the a handle at the end of one of the white lines as a base point to move, and selecting one of the verticies on the circle as the destination. When the three hexogonal blocks were in position, I added the orange lines connecting it to other parts of the DWG. 

The video shows what happens when I try to rotate the four blocks about the center of the circle, effectively rotating them as a whole, so the "T" shape points upwards. When this happens, the orange line on the right gets moved to the top, but it's horizontal orientation remains constant. When trying to move the line to it's previous position, it moves the vertical line at the top as well as the hexogonal block at the top of the circle. 

These issues didn't always happen. When I first installed ACADE and had been using it for over a year, doing these same commands would result in a different, but desired, outcome. Rotating the four blocks would only move the selected items, leaving the lines where they were. 

I'm the only person who uses this computer and I don't think I've changed any of the settings within ACADE, so I don't know why this is happening. 

Video of AutoCAD Electrical issues

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost