AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2010 Saving Circuits to a shared drive

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
333 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD Electrical 2010 Saving Circuits to a shared drive

I Copied my ACE_JIC_MENU.DAT file to a shared drive and mapped my Shematic Library to the Project Properties. All The Icons I made for symbols I created work good. The problem im having is when i try to save a circuit to the same icon menu it is saving it to my computer.  I cant figure out how to get it to save to my shared drive like my symbols are. Is there a file somewhere that needs to be copied to the shared drive? if so, whats that file name?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
s.wile
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to modify two lines in your wd.env file. Remove the * (asterisk) from the front of each of these lines and add your network path.

WD_INSCKTDLG,x:/some path/,to override starting path for INS CKT file selection dialog

This changes the starting path used for the Insert Saved Circuit dialog. If this is not set, Electrical defaults to the 'User' folder.

WD_USERCKTDIR,x:/some path/,default folder for "USER CKTS"

This sets the save location for the new user circuit block that is created when using the add 'New Circuit' wizard.

There is more info about the wd.env file here...

Breaking the wd.env file down line by line

and here

Where does the wd.env path get set

I hope this helps.

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost