AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 SP1 - can't find catalog

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
snew17
2220 Views, 24 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 SP1 - can't find catalog

I downloaded SP1 and now can no longer access the catalog. It worked fine before SP1. Any ideas? I restored and tried the download again with the same results.

It is unbelieveable that Autodesk has no email or phone support. They certainly don't mind collecting big money for their software. I bought directly from Autodesk after a trial. I should have gone to a reseller, at least I would have someone to talk to.

Tags (1)
24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
RobinShou-Autodesk
in reply to: snew17

Hello All,

Just let you know that we have fixed this wd.env issue in the AutoCAD Electrical 2015 Service Pack 2 Beta, please check the following post and download the SP2 Beta, and have a try for the fix. Let me know if there are still any problem in the SP2 Beta for this wd.env issue.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-electrical-general/autocad-electrical-2015-service-pack-2-beta...

Thanks, 
Robin Shou 
Quality Assurance 
AutoCAD Electrical 
Autodesk, Inc.

Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/AutoCADElectrical

Blog Page : http://autodesk.typepad.com/systemsdesign/

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_6ApchKwjN-0Wh8PzIjA_O0P6HRazOwH

AutoCAD Electrical App: https://itunes.apple.com/app/autocad-electrical/id736763190

Message 22 of 25

Hi Rhesusminus.  I was just reading your post.  That is really strange. On my treaching laptop I have a simulated network drive that I use for teaching how to network the software.  I move AeData to the network drive and everything redirects perfectly.  Some of the projects I use for class have their own default_cat.mdb inside the project folder and if I activate one of those projects, the Lookup points to only the custom catalog inside the project folder.  So I have had no issues with 2015 related to the wd.env file or the catalog database.  It seems like it may be inconsistent, according to other factors, maybe the PC specs, OS, etc.  Strange...

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 23 of 25

Hi Doug/Robin

I've tested with SP2 beta, and still have problems.

I've posted more about this in the beta-forum with files/image.

I think however that the keyword here is "move". You say that you MOVE the aedata... I've only copied it. So maybe the Catalog Browser searches for a default_cat.dbf in some other way than standard AcadE?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 24 of 25
dougmcalexander
in reply to: snew17

You can copy it, but rename the one on C drive to AeData_Local. I do it that way on laptops, so engineers can take projects on the road. I simply rename the local one back to AeData so the software finds the local version.

Even though you add the network copy of AeData to the top of the Support File Search Path, AutoCAD Electrical is relentless about using the local folder. The only way I've found to stop this frustrating action by renaming the local folder.

The frustrating thing now is that, starting with release 2014 (language path added) when you revert to the local AeData again, taking your laptop on the road, the Support File Search Path might no longer contain entries for the PLC, Libs, and Catalogs that were copied to the network. In other words, if the software can no longer find the path it deletes it from the Support File Search Path. This only started happening with versions 2014 and 2015. It just so happens that these are the two releases that include the newly added language path in the folder structure leading to Catalogs, PLC, etc. So now when I return to the office I have to manually add those paths back to the Support File Search Path.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 25 of 25
jalger
in reply to: dougmcalexander

"The frustrating thing now is that, starting with release 2014 (language path added) when you revert to the local AeData again, taking your laptop on the road, the Support File Search Path might no longer contain entries for the PLC, Libs, and Catalogs that were copied to the network. In other words, if the software can no longer find the path it deletes it from the Support File Search Path."

I'm sure you have probably done this but,

To get around this I have Created 2 seperate Profiles an "Online" profile (links to a network) and An "offline" Profile that goes back to the C drive.

(But you could do it with the vault if you wanted to set it up). The other part of this is to have two seperate AutoCAD Shortcuts (one calling in the Online profile, and the other calling in the offline profile).

I haven't seen it remove the pathes when using this method, but I haven't tested it extensively. ( maybe it does dissapear eventually?)

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost