AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2015 Mouse Setup Issues

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sstrecker
5533 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad 2015 Mouse Setup Issues

I just recvieved a new PC and have installed AutoCad Electrical 2015.  I can't for the life of me figure out how to setup the middle mouse button/wheel to pan (when held down) or zoom all (when I double click the wheel) like my old machine.  IT gave us these nifty logitec MK700 wireless mouse combos with 50 buttons on them!

I've set MBUTTONPAN to 1.  I've gone into the CUI user interface, but it utterly confuses me.  I found "mouse buttons", but it doesn't let me drag commands to it and there is no + button next to it.  I just downloaded the latest software for my mouse/keyboard, but still no luck.  Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jalger
in reply to: sstrecker

Hi sstrecker,

Mouse setup is done in windows:

Go to control panel, look for "Mouse" then Define the properties for the mouse. (with 50 buttons that might be a bit of a pain)

50 buttons is Overkill... even if you used that mouse for gaming thats too many buttons on a mouse!

If your having issues, try getting your IT to give you the old mouse (2 button, with clickable wheel) to test with it should work with no setup.

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 3 of 6
sstrecker
in reply to: jalger

I may have exagetated a bit.  It's only about 6.  Where is the middle mouse button/wheel setup in CAD?  The mouse setting work fine for all my other software.

Message 4 of 6
jalger

Hi sstrecker,

The Only place that the Middle Mouse Button is meantioned that I can think of, is in CUI under "Mouses buttons".

But you can't re-assign anything in there, it just tells you the name of button 2  (right click) and 3 (Middle Mouse).

You would have to assign Button 3 to the middle mouse button in windows.

Not sure if anyone else has an idea? 

I would try new mouse drivers if they are available from the manufacturer.

Regards,

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 5 of 6
sstrecker
in reply to: jalger

They were the lastest drivers.  I think I figured it out though.  I set the wheel from scroll to middle.  Also, the mouse wheel has some strange thing where it can be tilted left or right for different functions.  I was apparently not pushing straight down on the wheel.  That makes this mouse have about 8 different functions.  Thanks for all the suggestions!

Message 6 of 6
jalger

Glad I could help (atleast it sparked a new idea!)

~James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost