AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 Electrical SP1

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
PBX_TECH_71
570 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad 2014 Electrical SP1

I'm new to autocad as was wondering if someone could provide some troubleshooting tips. I upgraded my staff to Autocad Electrical 2012 and we are experiencing some issues with the TSE(Terminal Strip Editior). When the TSE is opened and a selection is made the drawing arrears to crash or become un-responsive.

We're running:

All machines are running Windows 7 64-bit SP1

All machines are different DELL platforms (The processors and graphic cards meet minimum Autocad specs.)

Autocad Electrical 2014 SP1

I performed two hotfixes :

Terminal Strip hotfix

2014 Graphics hotfix

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gary

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PBX_TECH_71
in reply to: PBX_TECH_71

This is a more detailed explination of the issue from one of our Engineers.

When running project wide updates, such as Terminal Renumber (project wide) or Set all wire numbers to fixed or normal. The utility runs, the pages update and save, but when the utility finishes the model space is locked up. You can change drawing pages in the project manager, but not with the Previous drawing or Next drawing buttons or commands. The Windows Minimize, Restore Down and Maximize buttons work but not the Close button or the drop down menu File/Close option. The menu bar drops down but the functions do not work. The command line does not work either.

Message 3 of 5

Hello,

From your description, seems your ACE2014 is totally broken.

Please try to uninstall the ACE and reinstall it again. and after that, patch the SP1.1.

For the Terminal Strip hotfix, it fixes a performance problem if you don't have many Terminals in your project (>100), they you don't need to patch the hotfix.

Please have a try, and if it is still problem with the TSE, then we need you to send an sample project to us for research.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance
Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical

Message 4 of 5

Robin, thanks for the reply!

I got the un-install and install documentation from the Autodesk web-site. I un-installed the software as the instructions stated and re-installed it along with the service pack. When I login with my engineers account and launch ACE2014 I get a couple of errors.

Customization file load failed. File not found:

C:\Users\Stan\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad electrical 2014\r19.1\enu\support\acade {Clicked OK}

Customization file load failed. File not found:

C:\Users\Stan\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad electrical 2014\r19.1\enu\support\acade {Clicked OK}

From there I got an ACE window with missing tool bars and I could not run any commands.

Any ideas?

In the meantime, I'll check to see if I have any software support. 

Thanks,

Gary

Message 5 of 5

Hello,

Sorry to hear that your still get problem after reinstall the ACE2014.

When you install the ACE2014, you use the DVD or download the installer from some place? I am thinking if your installer is problem.

Do you have other colleagues that install the same ACE2014? Is it ok in their machines? If it is ok in other machines, then most likely is your OS got some problem to make the ACE2014 problem.

Please work with your software support to check if they can help on this.

Or another possible is when you uninstall the ACE2014, it is not really fully uninstalled, if you want to have a try again, you can use a tool call Revo Uninstaller(you can download the try version) to clean up the ACE2014 after you uninstall it, then you do a install again.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance
Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost