AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto wire numbering wont start with 100A

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sparky_mike
529 Views, 3 Replies

Auto wire numbering wont start with 100A

Hey guys,

Can someone please help me with resolving why I cannot get my auto wire numbering to start with "A"?

I have set this up in the project properties for the wire numbering to be rung number-A for the first wire, then B,C,D etc for wire numbers after each component in a rung.

When I run the auto wire, it will number them rung number, rung number-A, rung number B, and so on.

Thanks,

Sparky

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: sparky_mike

What version of ACE are you using? (I am using ACE 2014) I just tried this using the radio button to select what you are talking about and it worked fine. Are you making the change to the properties of the project or the drawing? If you do just the project properties, you will have to update the drawing properties for it to work. Updating the project will only affect new drawings.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
sparky_mike

Thanks test subject!

I am using ACE 2014 as well. After I made the change to the drawing properties, instead of the project properties it works fine. 

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Think test was telling you once you add that to the project properties, you need to high light all the drawings in the project and then right click, properties, click apply project defaults. Then all your drawings will add the wires like you want.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost