AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Update Source arrows

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mtennie
532 Views, 2 Replies

Auto Update Source arrows

I was wondering if there is a way you can have source arrows update the sheet number and the reference number automatically. If not is there a way you can do it by using something else.  Just looking to display the sheet number and reference number from a different drawing to show where the wire goes to a different drawing.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnq
in reply to: mtennie

Hi

Yes it can be automatic.  But it needs to be set up.  It not hards but tricky.  To me it was as I had no support.

I assume that you are creating a project   (<file> name.wdp   file)   Border with each sheet has a sheet number.

I ensure that  location 0,0 is set on the drawing

drawing properties   cross reference tab     use  %s-%n

Drawing format,  setup   is set.

go to www.ecadconsultant.com/tips.html  has some good oil.

This has a good tutortial and infi.   No this is not my company or do I get a commission.  

Cheers  john q

Message 3 of 3
mtennie
in reply to: mtennie

Another Question I got it setup by creating a column of numbers on the left side of the drawing to line reference numbers but now if I update some of the reference numbers by right clicking on the source arrow or the destination arrow and click retag it doesn't put the right reference number in there it puts in a six  and its not suppose to be a six. This only happens on a couple of them and when the reference is on a different sheet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost