AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto sheet Numbering

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
johnq
910 Views, 4 Replies

Auto sheet Numbering

Hi Folks

Quite some time ago, using Doug's "11 easy steps to custom borders", I was successful in creating borders to my needs.

I have been developing the border further and I find I can have the title block update working correctly OR I can have the sheet number as an attribute reflecting the correct sheet number from the drawing.   But not both.

I would like both.   Is itpossible?  I think it should be.   I am using method 2.

What am I doing incorrectly?

I have been trying all sorts of combinations for a few days to no avail.

Cheers John Quigley

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: johnq

Do you have the sheet number attribute mapped to the correct setting under drawing values rather than project values?

Here is my WD_TB attrribute....

DN=DWGNAM;TB3=DD1;TB4=DD2;TB5=DD3;TB1=LINE1;TB2=LINE2;CLNT=LINE3;CNTCT=LINE4;DRN=LINE5;

CHD=LINE6;APD=LINE7;SCL=LINE8;DT=LINE9;PN=LINE10;IS=LINE11;SH=SHEET;SHM=SHEETMAX

As you can see, the SH (Sheet) attribute is mapped the the SHEET setting while SHM (Sheet Maximum) attribute is mapped to the SHEETMAX setting. Try checking your attribute names against your WD_TB settings and see if you can find anything wrong.

These two settings are under the Drawing Values dialog (lines 5 & 6 in the 2008 version) in the Title Block Setup Method 2 function.

The other option is to open your template, edit the WD_TB attribute and add the appropriate attribute name pointing to the SHEET and SHEETMAX settings. Make sure you get the spelling correct otherwise it won't work.

If that doesn't work, post a list of your attributes, and the settings they are mapped to and I will take a quick look to see what I can find.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 5
johnq
in reply to: Icemanau

G'day Brad

Thanks for your input, it helped considerably.  I was almost there but fro a few deatils.

I am constantly finding that if I modify drawings in a given project while learning a new feature it is impossible to get the feature to work.

This exercise was no different.  I had purged the >mdb file to no avail.

So after getting your email and intially I still could not make it work,  I started with a new project name using a different source project file.

I then had success and I could tidy up the drawing, typos etc.

Just for interest, the sheet and max sheet positions on the table you mentioned have not changed.

I would like to think that AutoDESK might see this thread, as I believe that AutoDESK need to work on tuning the software by trimming the overhead.

It has been admitted on the AUTOCAD forum that there is a problem in closing drawings since about ACE2010.  When it will be fixed is unknown.

Cheers jq

Message 4 of 5
vanroyb
in reply to: johnq

You have to use code in the setup field that says to get the variable from the project. such as (getvar "SHEET")

Put this in the title block update in the title block setup.

Then be sure in the one thingy that the box is checked but nothing written in it. But all others are filled out like title, drawn by, revision etc but not the sheet one, just checked.

You can do this for the total number of sheets as well  1 of 349.  (getvar "SHEETMAX") retrieves the total number aka 349 in my example.

Good luck,this is the answer but I don't know anymore.  others will be able to explain better but just try this before wasting your time searching everywhere, because it doesn't exist anywhere but here.  All others want you to write scripts or say the same thing over and over but it never works.

Message 5 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: vanroyb

Thank you so much @vanroyb for digging this 5+ year old ticket to the front page.

Also, your answer is just plain wrong. It will not work. So, for everyone thinking about trying that solution at a later time... Ignore that post.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost