AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Sequencing Page Numbers

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
STEVENAR
1150 Views, 7 Replies

Auto Sequencing Page Numbers

Hi, can anyone advise if is it possible to show to the previous and next drawing page numbers on a drawing. These  would need to be auto linked as drawings may be added and removed??? Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
STEVENAR
in reply to: STEVENAR

Can someone tell me where the C:nextsheet & C:prevsheet routines can be found and also file Acad200xdoc.lsp?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 8
electricman1

Message 4 of 8
STEVENAR
in reply to: electricman1

Thanks for that.

I have pasted a copy of the lsp. file to Doc&setiings\All users\Documents\Autodesk\Acade 2012\Support. I also have lsp. files which reside in Program Files\ Autodesk\Acade 2012|Express. However I have created user defined attributes NEXT_ATTRNAME & PREV_ATTRNAME. I have first of all assigned (getvar "c:nextsheet") to NEXT_ATTRNAME and updated list, then created my wdt. file. I then ran the title block update. I am not getting an output value on the drawing. However the command bar is telling me that it is interpreting as AutoLISP: (GETVAR "C:NEXTSHEET"). I am not sure if  am entering the correct expression into the AutoLisp expression in the title block user defined attributes and therefore not sure if it is actually calling the routine when I run the title block update. Please can you advise whats going on?

Thanks very much.

Message 5 of 8
rhesusminus

I belive the correct syntax is just:

(c:nextsheet)

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 8
robbm2k

i'm having a similar issue, when i update the titleblock, it tries opening the LSP it seems...this is what commandline gives me:

Interpreting as AutoLisp: (IF (SETQ X (FINDFILE "TITLEBLOCK UPDATE.LSP"))PROGN(LOAD X)(C:NEXTSHEET)) " ")
Error: syntax error

what is wrong with that syntax? I used WD_TB to link up the attribute NEXT with the above text string, and placed the file in the autocad folder it needs to be in, but something must be missing. or i am missing it...

thanks in advance for any insight.

Message 7 of 8
robbm2k
in reply to: robbm2k

got it. what's listed is missing a ( before the PROGN. should show as:

(IF (SETQ X (FINDFILE "TITLEBLOCK UPDATE.LSP"))(PROGN(LOAD X)(C:NEXTSHEET)) " ")

then it works.

Message 8 of 8
s.wile

If you still can't figure it out, try this blog post. It's a bit more graphical.

http://myacade.blogspot.com/2013/01/autocad-electrical-title-block-update_14.html

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost