AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Mentor
johnq
Message 1 of 1 (75 Views)

Auto save Onr more time

75 Views, 0 Replies
08-28-2012 10:32 PM

Hi Folks

This question has been asked before and I have put my 2cents worth in and I am still not clear on what happens.

I thought I did until today I lost a drawing when ACE2012 reported "AutoCAD has stopped working"

I have set the auto save for every 5 minutes.   I cant prove it but I feel that this only works on the current drawing.

If I am swapping between drawings auto save does not seem to work.

So my practice is to save before swapping drawings.   I thoughth this would create the .bak file but that does not seem to be true.

Could it be that the virus program on my system is set to run ablout every 15 seconds? 

On my system there is a major virus check every Monday at 1230  and runs for about an hour.  It eventually fills the memory and a reboot at the end is required.

If I uses ACE2012 during this time it is a sick puppy.

The virus programme is called SOPHOS

Any comments?

Cheers  john q

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.