AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute Size

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
imoneluckyman
719 Views, 2 Replies

Attribute Size

I'm using AutoCAD Electrical 2014. I want all of my text to have the same width factor, including my attributes. I can set all other text to default to the size I want. My attributes are not accepting my default width factor. The only way I have found to solve this problem, is to use the Project-Wide Utilities to change this. After I do the change, I have to go through, drawing by drawing, & move text around. I had much rather do this while I am creating the drawing, so as to keep from having to do it later. I can use the Project-Wide Utilities per drawing, but I had rather my template accept my default setting.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: imoneluckyman

The text size, font and width factor are all set within the block. The carry those settings into the dwgs as they are inserted.

To set the attributes to the desired settings, you have to modify the blocks themselves.

I'm not sure where it's located in the 2014 release but there is a tool called 'Modify Symbol Library' that will allow you to go through and change the attributes settings to what you need. I believe it is located in 'Symbol Library' under the components tab but may be wrong.

It will go through the library you select and change settings like font, width factor and size. All you have to do is select what you want.

Take note that this will take quite a bit of time and is best left to run overnight so as to not impact your productivity.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
acade2012
in reply to: imoneluckyman

The attached LSP that may help to do it if you do not want to go into all of your blocks and change them there (which would be the right way) but here is a little cheat.

Thanks

Dennis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost