AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attribute replacement script

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
255 Views, 2 Replies

attribute replacement script

I wrote a script to change multiple attributes in my title block. All but one of the attributes changed flawlessly. I used the same format to change the other one, but for some reason it doesn't work. It says:
Enter attribute value specification <*>:

0 attributes selected.*Invalid*

Here is my script. Everything works until it prompts "Enter attribute value specification <*>:" when I'm changing the attribute "REV1ECN#"

-ATTEDIT
N
N
BORDERPSC-D
REV1

-ATTEDIT
N
N
BORDERPSC-D
REV1BY

DRZ
-ATTEDIT
N
N
BORDERPSC-D
REV1DESCRIPTION

NO CHANGES THIS SHEET
-ATTEDIT
N
N
BORDERPSC-D
REV1DATE

1/2/07
-ATTEDIT
N
N
BORDERPSC-D
REV1ECN#

--

The problem is not that I don't have the "*" in the blank field. I've tried putting it in, and I get the same problem. "?" does not fix the problem either. At first I thought that AutoCAD didn't like the "--" that I put in the string field, but the error occurs before it even prompts for that string. I tried putting in letters instead just in case and that didn't work either. Message was edited by: hayj
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have run into problems when I use # in the value of an attribute when trying to update with certain programs. Other programs work fine. I have gotten out of the habit of using the # sign just to make sure that all of my routines will work.

Hope that helps.

Scott
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I had reposted this topic and ended up figuring it out myself. The short of it is that the # sign was indeed the problem. I fixed it by putting a * in its place in my script.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report