AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASSEMBLY CODE IN PLCIO

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
478 Views, 6 Replies

ASSEMBLY CODE IN PLCIO

It seems that trying to use any sort of assemblycode in the PLCIO table doesnt work, the Report won't pick it up. . . Anybody else seen this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you be more specific?

Just did a quick try, and everything came into the BOM as expected. But maybe it isn't the BOM you are trying?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 7
conrad.rohrer

I have.

In our catalog we have a photoeye with an assembly code to also grab a reflector.

Also, we have the same photoeye, without this assembly code (no reflector).

Both photoeyes have the same catalog number (ID).

All three parts are in the same table.

I've added the assembly code in the PLC I/O Utility import file as such to grab the PE + reflector in the D1CODE field:

60-2762-1;MRG01=DEMATIC;CAT01=   0515019100;ASSYCODE=W/REFLECTOR;RATING1=N.O.;RATING2=AC;TERM01=BRN;TERM02=BLK;TERM04=BLU

Component > Catalog Data > Assembly = "W/REFLECTOR" gets populated.

The reflector manufacturer/description doesn't get fully populated in the Bill of Material Check.

I've attached the three parts from our catalog.

I've also attached the Bill of Material Check snapshot.

Message 4 of 7

This may be the problem -

MRG01=DEMATIC

should be

MFG01=DEMATIC

If that isn't it can you post the spreadsheet you are using for the Spreadsheet to PLCIO.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
conrad.rohrer

It added the manufacturer for the second part (CAT01).

It did not seem to identify this second part since the description for it was blank when performing:

Edit Component > Catalog Check.

Attached is the import file.

Thanks, Conrad

Message 6 of 7

Once I got the spreadsheet mapping correct it built the PLC and connected components fine, and it assigned the catalog information correctly including the assembly code and the multiple catalog values. One thing I noticed is you had an extra space in CAT01=0515019. Make sure you don't have a space after the "=". I am not sure that is related but just to eliminate it as an issue I would take it out.

Once I added the catalog values into my catalog database to match the ones you were assigning everything showed up in the report. However, when I did the Catalog Check the multiple catalog description did not show up. I believe this is a known\reported issue depending on what version of AutoCAD Electrical you are using.

The main reason a description does not show in the Bill of Materials report is because the catalog can't be found in the expected catalog database table. Assembly code information must be in the same table as the main catalog. The same thing for the multiple catalog values unless you specify a different table with a WDBLKNAM value, for example WDBLKNAM01=XX in your code string. So make sure the catalog values are actually in the PE table for the catalog values you are assigning.

So I am still not sure why your report is not showing everything. Can you send the drawing after you generate it using the Spreadsheet to PLCIO utility? I would like to look at the attribute values and xdata values on the photo eye.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
conrad.rohrer

To get this to work I did three things:

Updated my ACADE to 2012...I was using 2010

Removed the CAT01, MFG01 and corresponding values from the D1CODE column for the reflector

Used ASSYCODE=W/REFLECTOR

This picked the correct assembly: PE and reflector.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost