AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API development

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
hockey101946
562 Views, 5 Replies

API development

I'm interested in API development within the software. I know the PLC schematic generator comes with the software, is there a significant cost increase to purchase additional API capabilities?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JeffatSJE
in reply to: hockey101946

As far as I know API's are currently written in lisp and are documented through the electrical help system. I have come across one that is not and would also like to know if they are holding back useful API's. I would much prefer they be written in VBA and I would also like to see Autodesk add IT's own DataGrid, common dialog and progress bar controls to the model.
:-)
Message 3 of 6
hockey101946

So is the PLC schematic generator a LISP or is it an API that was created?
Message 4 of 6
JeffatSJE

As document in the 2005 Electical help system:

The AutoCAD Electrical API entry point list consists of a series of entry points into the AutoCAD Electrical software executable. This API allows a user to create custom applications such as automatic schematic generation or custom drafting/design utilities based upon the AutoCAD Electrical "engine".

The AutoCAD Electrical 2005 API is AutoLISP/VisualLisp based but it not limited to this development environment. It can be invoked from VB, VBA, C++/arx, AutoCAD script files, or embedded into custom AutoCAD menus.

Spreadsheet --> PLC I/O Generator

AutoCAD Electrical's spreadsheet to PLC I/O utility can generate a set of PLC I/O drawings from data pulled from an Excel spreadsheet. This command is supplied in uncompiled source code form (and also executed from this uncompiled form) to serve as an example of a large, intricate application that makes heavy use of the API.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

re: the PLC I/O utility, where is the code for this? We are using ACE 2007 and need to see how this is being done. Are there any other code examples that we can look over? Any idea how the Import / Export feature works? We need to take ACE further.... more APIs would help ! ! !

Thanks ! ! !
Message 6 of 6
JeffatSJE

take a look at the wdio.lsp file under program files autodesk acade (version) support folder. I have not used this file but have been told the best way to get started is to work in reverse. Create your drawing than then export using the utility then dig in and see how it works and what you can do to make it work for you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost