AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Wipeout Issue

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
cbenner
642 Views, 7 Replies

Another Wipeout Issue

Hi again,

Yes I looked this one up first, and even had a lengthy discussion in the Autocad forum on this issue.  Narrowed the problem down to the AcadE Component Icon menu.

Several blocks, including many of the out of the box symbols, have wipeouts built into them to accomodate extra long tags.  I noticed that when placing these symbols in a schematic, that the wipeout was... not wiping anything out.  This is true with WIPEOUTFRAME set to either 1 or 0.  After days of messing with the draw order and not having any luck.  I noticed that when opening the wblock file itself, the wipeout was just fine and working normally.  Inserting this block manually from the insert command also had it working normally.  Inserting the block in regular Autocad... no problem.  BUT, with the Component Icon menu pointing to the exact same block in the same location, and placing that block from this menu.... the wipeout does not work.

Here is the wblock as opened in AcadE:

wblock.JPG

Same block inserted with Icon Menu:

wblock2.JPG

Same block inserted in Autocad from Command line with Insert:

wblock3.JPG

Anybody else seeing this?  What gives?  Must be some check box somewhere... it usually is.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rhesusminus
in reply to: cbenner

What version of AcadE are you running?

I use wipeout frequently in both schematics and panel, and have'nt had any trouble with them even when inserting from the Icon Menu.

If you try to insert the component with a "command" in the icon menu instead, with the command:

(c:wd_insym2 "MyBlockName" nil 1 1)

Does that make any difference?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: rhesusminus

@rhesusminus wrote:

What version of AcadE are you running?

I use wipeout frequently in both schematics and panel, and have'nt had any trouble with them even when inserting from the Icon Menu.

If you try to insert the component with a "command" in the icon menu instead, with the command:

(c:wd_insym2 "MyBlockName" nil 1 1)

Does that make any difference?

I am on Acade2013... all updates installed. 

I tried your command line, and it did the same thing.... 😞  (though I'll have to remember that one for later, thanks!)

Message 4 of 8
rhesusminus

Inserting the block "manually" after purging the drawing, with the INSERT command, does that work?

If so... will a (command ".-INSERT" "C:\PATH\MYBLOCKNAME.DWG") work from the icon menu?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thanks for all of your help, yes, your command line insert worked fine.  Then I noticed that, without explanation, the blocks were inserting correctly under all circumstances this morning.  Even in a brand new drawing, from the icon menu.... under the same conditions where it did NOT work 2 days ago.

I am done trying to figure out why this software does the things it does... it will only make me crazier than I already am.

But I am keeping your suggestions noted for future use.  Thank you!

Message 6 of 8
testsubject

Rhesusminus hinted to this with purging: did you use swap/update block after making your edits? The original will still be there in the background until you do...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 7 of 8
pjfontes

Man LOL

I've noticed strange things happen with the "recently used" items on the icon menu.  

Updating block definitions is not intuative with ACADE.  

@cbenner wrote:

I am done trying to figure out why this software does the things it does... it will only make me crazier than I already am.

Message 8 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: testsubject

Hey Bob,

I was getting the same results in brand new drawings on brand new projects... until it magically started working yesterday without my changing anything.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost