AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
svend007
Message 1 of 4 (166 Views)

Angled wire spacing

166 Views, 3 Replies
12-16-2011 06:18 AM

Just wondered if there is a way to control the spacing of the angled wire inserted after another is already present on a particular component. It seems to default to 2.54mm, which is pretty useless when working in mm on a 1 or 2mm grid (snap).

I'm talking about the vertical spacing to the initial wire above or below the angled one added.

Cheers,

Pete B.

*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 2 of 4 (152 Views)

Re: Angled wire spacing

12-17-2011 10:26 AM in reply to: svend007

The angled wire offset is controlled by the Feature Scale Multiplier on the Drawing Format tab of Drawing Properties.  Be careful if you change this value.  It changes the scale of all symbols.  Note: Don't use the FSM to scale inches to metric or vice versa.  This affects the wire trap distance and can cause irregularities with wire numbering, cross-referencing, etc.  I recommend no more than a value of 2 (doubling the size of symbols) and no less than 0.5 (scaling symbols by half).

If you want to exercise total control of the angled wire offset, use the angled wire option under Insert Wire instead.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
*Expert Elite*
rhesusminus
Message 3 of 4 (139 Views)

12-18-2011 02:57 PM in reply to: dougmcalexander

If you "cheat", and set the wire trap distance to 0.625, you'll get it at 2.5 mm.

The default value of 0.635 seems like a typo for "mm full size"?

Use the command (setq GBL_WD_TRP 0.625) to set a different trap distance.

I guess you can try to incorporate this into wd.env also. Haven't got the time to have a closer look at that right now.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie

ECAD Consultant, CtrlAltEl

Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)
Distinguished Contributor
svend007
Message 4 of 4 (127 Views)

12-19-2011 07:00 AM in reply to: rhesusminus

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have the FSM set to 1 and 'mm full size selected, if I start messing around with the scale of my components, then they'll be off the grid (snap) too.

Ideally, needs to be a multiple of 1mm. ie 2 or 3mm spacing, don't want to have to go down to .5mm snap points.

Easiest to use the 45 degree wire, then I get the correct spacing.

Thanks again,

Pete B.

BTW, I have to say this seems a bit of a 'fudge' for metric users, especially if u use snap on which I'm guessing most do.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.