AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alter Update Signal References - AEUPDATESIGREF

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
paszt
504 Views, 3 Replies

alter Update Signal References - AEUPDATESIGREF

I am trying to alter the way the "Update Signal References" command works (AEUPDATESIGREF) specifically for signal arrows
I have noticed that by default, the command places the prompt value for the XREF attribute in front of the XREF attribute value (the default for the prompt value is either "from" or "to" depending on whether the signal arrow is a destination or source respectively). So the result is "to %S-%N".
I would like to alter the command to place the XREF attribute value in brackets. The result for the XREF attribute after running AEUPDATESIGREF would be "[%S-%N]".

Is there a built in way to alter the behavior?
If not, does anyone know which lisp (or other) files I could modify to alter the behavior? I believe the AEUPDATESIGREF command may make use of either the wd_xref_doit or ace_sig_update function API function.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cawaugh
in reply to: paszt

I used the Cross-referencing setup for the signals in Drawing properties and the signals were put in accordingly.
See the attachment.
Message 3 of 4
cawaugh

I used the Cross-referencing setup for the signals in Drawing properties and the signals were put in accordingly.
See the attachment.
Message 4 of 4
paszt

I also used the Cross-reference setup for the signals in Drawing Properties and the signals were also put in accordingly. However, in my drawings, the signals were preceded with either a "FROM" or "to" depending on whether the signal was a destination or source. See the attachment.

I am using AcadE 2009.

I guess I will just have to recreate the blocks and remove the prompts from the XREF attributes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost