AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allen Bradley Parametric PLC Block

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1286 Views, 2 Replies

Allen Bradley Parametric PLC Block

Hi, I am having trouble inserting a PLC block for a 1769-IQ32.

When I insert the block it gives me an error message saying that HP1WA-DL is not found, and a similar message for all other terminals in the block.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
electricman1
in reply to: Anonymous

A few things could be going on, but you may want to start by searching for that file on your hard drive. Then look to see if the file is in one of the directories in: AutoCAD->Tools->Options->Files->Support File Search Path. 

Also look in your projects *.wdp file for the "+[1]". The highest priority search path directories will follow after this configure setting ("+[1]").

Note: AutoCAD will need the file in one of the search path directories mentioned above.

PS. If you're into using the PLC Utility, check this site out:  racklayout.com

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: electricman1

As it turns out, this had very little to do with the PLC block tool, and much more to do with the project and file location. I was attempting to edit files on a dropbox. I guess the project path or something will get messed up because of that. Solution was to move the files to my usual project editing area on my own harddrive.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost