AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aligning attributes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
566 Views, 2 Replies

aligning attributes

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can align attributes vertically or horizontally... neither regular align, or aealign seem to work for me because they both try to align the component that the attribute is associated with... See attached image... I am trying to align the description and tag attributes vertically.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

The Align command aligns components or wire numbers. You can align vertically or horizontally. You can even align panel layout footprints, but not component attributes. Perhaps Autodesk will make a note of this and see if it might be a possible addition to a future release.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks Doug...

I thought I remembered you showing us that there was a command to do that, but apparently it was for something else. Yeah, I hope autodesk does make a note of it. I think it would be fairly easy to make an "alignatt" command... the code is mostly written if they start from the move attribute command and add parts from the aealign command. I definitely think it would be a useful tool...

Take care

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost