AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALERT MSG HERE (wdwnet.lsp) - Xrecord hdl ptr mismatch with terminal

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
darrell.l.gregg
1494 Views, 9 Replies

ALERT MSG HERE (wdwnet.lsp) - Xrecord hdl ptr mismatch with terminal

I copied some drawing elements from one drawing to another drawing (different projects).

I am getting the following error message:

' **** ALERT MSG HERE (wdwnet.lsp) - Xrecord hdl ptr mismatch with terminal
hdl:8881C, term hdl=89ADF
 **** ALERT MSG HERE (wdwnet.lsp) - Xrecord hdl ptr mismatch with terminal
hdl:875E8, term hdl=89ADF

I have tried, autocad "audit" command, dwg audit, block swap (update), autocad command "reset block" (on all terminals), and deleting the project database. None of these fix this error. I am unclear what exactly may be the actual problem, all seems to work.

How do I fix the dwg to make the error go away?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Icemanau
in reply to: darrell.l.gregg

If it's a parent, try selecting a different component from the catalog lookup and then selecting the correct one.

For a child, check the pin selection as you may have used duplicated terminal numbers. If not that, try selecting a different parent and then the parent you need it to link to.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10

Try using the "Break Apart Terminal Associations" command on alle the terminals on the drawing.

Seems like the terminals was copied "outside" of AcadE's control, so that they still has some associations to other terminals on them. However.. when copdied, these terminals have new "handles" (internal "serial number" in the drawing) that AcadE can't find.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 10

breaking apart the terminal associations did not resolve the problem in the target drawing. the handle mismatch error still occurs after breaking apart the associations.

It appears there is no simple way to just copy/paste terminals from one dwg/project to another dwg/project and have it work out well. One can do that with any other electrical block, just not a terminal.

Message 5 of 10

Copy/Paste between sheets should be done using a wblock. Is this how you do it?

Could you mail me a DWG with the problems, so that I could have a look?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 10

Wblock sounds like 'saved circuit'... which would work to some degree... except for vaulting of those files... they would be "project-less" and therefore problematic for the TSE to work on those terminals in those dwgs.

I guess I'll have to figure all that out too...

Message 7 of 10

I meant, if you are copying a circuit between drawing sheets, you should create a wblock of the circuit, and then insert the wblcked circuit into the new drawing.

Or are you using CTRL+C/CTRL+V ?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 8 of 10

Ok, instead of "saved circuit" use the Wblock for a temporary use.

That is working... a bit more involved than just a copy paste... but I guess it's worth it if it correlates all the data.

Message 9 of 10

I am having same problem. I have around 5-6 drawings where when I try to do anything this message comes up for every terminal. Is there a way to fix ?

I cleaned up the whole package. Every terminal got broken apart and I associated the terminals again and same thing start happening again 

Message 10 of 10

hi are you able to resolve this issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost