AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Spread sheet to PLC I/O build, the PLC CAT attribute will not show

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
280 Views, 4 Replies

After Spread sheet to PLC I/O build, the PLC CAT attribute will not show

ACADe 2008 SP1: After the build is complete, the PLC “CAT” attribute is invisible no matter what I do. Toggling it in the show/hide attributes dialog does nothing (and it was already set to be visible anyway). The command attdisp=on shows a lot of invisible attributes, but not the PLC CAT (nor the MFG, DESC, LINE1, or LINE2 attributes either). I can survive without the other attributes, but I really need CAT to show up.

Can any of you Autodesk folks please try to reproduce this bug? (and then fix it)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Those attributes can be very small, try looking at their text height.

Sven Kloeck
Electrical Network Design
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, Sven. I am aware of the existence of small attributes (such as ASSYCODE) but that is not the case here. The CAT attribute shows up briefly (normal-sized) during the build along with all the other PLC attributes before the values are assigned. But further into the build when the values are applied, the CAT attribute (and the others I mentioned) disappear and can never be brought back.

How about you Autodesk folks? Any help out there?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Maybe you could attach a drawing with a block that has this problem.
Also is the attribute still in the block or did it disappear from the block as well? Do a "eattedit" to find it.
You could also use the command "battman" to look at the block definition and see what settings the attribute has.

Sven Kloeck
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the tip Sven. I used eattedit and discovered that those attributes were on the MISC layer. Then looked in the layer manager and found that this layer was turned off. Once I turned it on, the attributes reappeared.

I'm still not sure why Autodesk would change the layer during the the PLC I/O build process and I guess it's something internal that I don't care to change right now. But I will need to go edit our template so that the MISC layer is enabled going forward.

Regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost