AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEXYGRID Setup

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dianamichelle33
380 Views, 4 Replies

AEXYGRID Setup

When setting this up on all sheets of my schematic, I've found that going back and trying to add source/destination signals that it is reverting back to the default setup. Any thoughts? The first image is what it looks like when I customize it to the way I need it. The second image is what it reverts back to.

image1.png

image2.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: dianamichelle33

OK some quick questions...

First off, what release of ACADE are you using. This may help with working out any problems with the software.

Are you setting the grid in the project settings or the dwg settings.

If you are setting them in the project settings, you will need to apply the project settings to the dwg settings.

If you are setting the grid in the dwg settings are you applying the project settings afterwards?

This will overwrite any common dwg setting that conflicts with the project setting.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
dianamichelle33
in reply to: Icemanau

2014 release.

I have set the project settings "Format Referencing" to X-Y Grid, then applied project defaults to all drawings. Then I went into each individual drawing and use the "AEXYGRID" command to make the grid match my title block. It works fine at first but then I've found if I close the project and reopen it, it's gone back to the way it was before I made the changes. It is still showing up as referencing the X-Y Grid but not the correct locations according to Image 1 in my first post.

Message 4 of 5
jalger
in reply to: dianamichelle33

Hi Diana,

It sounds like the changes are not sticking in the project file.

Try editing the Project (WDP) directly to add in the Info to the following locations:

?[18]               (X-Y Grid X Origin)

?[19]               (X-Y Grid Y Origin)

?[20]2.0          (X-Y Grid Horizontal Spacing)

?[21]2.0          (X-Y Grid Vertical Spacing)

?[22]A            (X-Y Grid Horizontal Labels)

?[23]1             (X-Y Grid Vertical Labels)

?[24]0             (X-Y Display Format)

?[25]-              (X-Y Grid Separator Symbol)

Try that out and see if the project takes the values if not, try making a copy of the wdp file.

Change the original wdp to a new name (just Add _1 to the end) and rename the copy to the orginal name. then see if the changes take.

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 5 of 5
dianamichelle33
in reply to: jalger

Thank you! Just realised you can do the x-y grid setup through the project properties. I had been manually typing the command for each drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost